Subject: [ippm] workshop on Path Capacity standard?

From: "Loki Jorgenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:00:42 -0800

How about a targetted workshop addressing both questions, with the
objective of setting and completing this standard?

Both those questions are interesting, would raise a lot of debate, and
should really be addressed by the various parties who know the specifics
best.  And could likely be brought into focus within 2 days.

As a follow-on to the BW Estimation workshop, this would be almost
brilliant.....  a workshop that produces something persistent and
enabling.  And is interesting.

I like it. A lot.  Any takers?

NOTE:  This could arguably be rolled into an IETF meeting but I think,
like the BWest workshop, this is a much larger topic deserving further
attention.  Two days worth.  Alternately, it might be attached to PAM
2007 (wherever that is).

---------------------------
Henk wrote:

I think there are two questions:

  * What techniques have been developped recently to measure capacity.
    This is IMRG.

  * For the techniques that are mature, standardize whatever has to
    be standardized.  Give some hints for parameters and related
    to that: expected accuracies.  Sort-of an applicability statement.
    This is IETF.

I'd certainly be interested in a workshop on either topic.

Henk

-------------------------

Loki Jorgenson
Chief Scientist
Apparent Networks
The Hudson House
Suite 400 - 321 Water Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1B8

e   [email-masked]
t   604 433 2333 ext 105
f   604 433 2311
m   604 250-4642
w   www.ApparentNetworks.com

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm