Subject: [ippm] Re: OWAMP_Performance_and_Interoperability_Tests

From: stanislav shalunov <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Mar 2006 11:17:07 -0500

HИlder Veiga <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please find in attachment a paper we submmitted and presented to the
> IPS MoMe 2006 (http://www.ips2006.org/index.php).  This paper
> describes a set of performance and interoperability tests that were
> carried out between two different implementations of the OWAMP
> protocol (Internet2 OWAMP and J-OWAMP): [...]

Thank you very much for sharing this work.  I felt bad we could not
come to the interop event Thomas Pfeiffenberger organized.  I'm glad
you were able to do the bakeoff and, of course, very happy with the
results.

Now, we have a last push to implement the changes the IESG requested
and make sure the implementations still work together.

Thanks again.  Great work.

P.S. I could not quickly find it in the paper---did you use open mode
only or did you try to set up authenticated or encrypted sessions?

P.P.S. It might be helpful for understanding of the results to take a
look at the error bars.  I, again, couldn't quickly find them.

-- 
Stanislav Shalunov		http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

But we must show them that they cannot terrorize the greatest nation on
the face of the Earth.  And we won't.     -- George W. Bush, 2001-10-17

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Hélder Veiga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:54:08 -0000

Dear all,

Please find in attachment a paper we submmitted and presented to the IPS
MoMe 2006 (http://www.ips2006.org/index.php). This paper describes a set of
performance and interoperability tests that were carried out between two
different implementations of the OWAMP protocol (Internet2 OWAMP and
J-OWAMP): a first test that intended to illustrate the correct
interoperability of both implementations in terms of the expected operating
behavior of the different system components; a second test that intended to
compare performance measurement results obtained using both implementations
and a third test that intended to check for the symmetry/asymmetry of the
Internet links connecting the two measurement sites that were used in the
experiments. The tests were carried out between the Aveiro pole of the
Institute of Telecommunications (IT) – Aveiro (Portugal) and the Salzburg
Research Advanced Networking Center – Salzburg (Austria). The main results
of the tests are presented, as well as the most important conclusions.

Best regards

Helder Veiga