Subject: [ippm] RFC 5136 on Defining Network Capacity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:59:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5136

        Title:      Defining Network Capacity 
        Author:     P. Chimento, J. Ishac
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30682
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-bw-capacity-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5136.txt

Measuring capacity is a task that sounds simple, but in reality can
be quite complex.  In addition, the lack of a unified nomenclature on
this subject makes it increasingly difficult to properly build, test,
and use techniques and tools built around these constructs.  This
document provides definitions for the terms 'Capacity' and 'Available
Capacity' related to IP traffic traveling between a source and
destination in an IP network.  By doing so, we hope to provide a
common framework for the discussion and analysis of a diverse set of
current and future estimation techniques.  This memo provides information
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm