Subject: [ippm] Open Issues on *-delay-var-as-04

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:52:16 -0500

IPPM,

The open issues on draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04,
soon to be draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-00, are below.
Please give some thought to these questions.

thanks,
Al and Benoit

3.5.  <your favorite here> in the section of Task Descriptions:
     A few possibilities have been mentioned, but nothing concrete
     beyond the four tasks already described.
 >>>  Authors ask, what important task still needs to be added?

6.2.2 Path change with Loss
     Bob Holley reminds us this is the common case, yet IPDV does not
     detect it at all!  This needs further study.
 >>>  Authors ask: Do we rely on DV to detect path changes?
      At IETF-70, at least one person said they did.

8. Section on Measurement Considerations:
     Lots of prior comments have been addressed by adding material here.
 >>>  Authors ask: Is this section now sufficient?
      Are there particular items in the "TO DO" list worth pursuing?
>    TO DO: Add info comparing methodological approximations for each
>    form, including on-the-fly statistics, memory requirements,
>    implications on the reference value (D(min)), quantiles not available
>    as a running measure, (possibly in a new subsection)

Appendix 12 on Reducing Delay Variation in Networks:
    Loki suggested to include equipment & configuration dysfunction
    An earlier comment suggested to remove this section (Scott B.)
 >>> Authors tending toward deleting the section.

Appendix 13 on Calculating the D(min) in PDV
    Loki suggested consider including code fragments for the described
    method.
 >>> Authors asked for review to identify ambiguities in the current
     text, thus obviating the code or making a case why it's needed
     (and for which method, there are several in this Appendix).

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm