Subject: [ippm] Two comments to draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-02.txt

From: "Kilpi Jorma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:00:58 +0300

Hi

First let me introduce myself: I work at the VTT which is the Technical
Research Centre of Finland. I have been subscribing to this list already
some time since, due to my work, I have to be aware of the current
status of ippm wg. I also participated the 72nd IETF meeting in Dublin
and both ippm meetings there.

I have two comments to draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-02.txt that I consider
important. They are related to one-way measurements only.
1. The current estimate of the relative offset must be reported with
one-way measurement results.
2. Results that are non-sense must not be reported. For example, if the
level of the synchronization is not known.

Another issue that I suggest is that instead of one fully parametrized
measurement set-up there could be two: one for network performance
oriented measurement and one for application performance oriented
measurement. Otherwise there may be a need to make compromises that make
the whole idea useless.

Best Regards
Jorma Kilpi

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm