Subject: [ippm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 01:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A One-Way Packet Duplication Metric
	Author(s)       : H. Uijterwaal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-10-07

When a packet is sent from one host to the other, one normally
expects that exactly one copy of the packet that was sent arrives at
the destination.  It is, however, possible that a packet is either
lost or that multiple copies arrive.

In earlier work a metric for packet loss has been defined.  This
metric quantifies the case where a packet that is sent, does not
arrive at its destination within a reasonable time.  In this memo, a
metric for another case is defined: a packet is sent, but multiple
copies arrive.  The document also discusses streams and methods to
summarize the results of streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:41:59 +0200

Hi all,

(As the author, not the chair)

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-05.txt

This draft is identical to the previous version except for a few clarifying
remarks when the metric is used in passive environments, as discussed in
Dublin.

Henk

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceterum censeo Asplain esse delendam  (Cato & Henk)
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm