Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'Information Model and XML Data Model for Traceroute Measurements' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Information Model and XML Data Model for Traceroute Measurements '
   <draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes a standard way to store the configuration and
  the results of traceroute measurements.  This document first of all
  describes the tool itself; afterwards, the common information model
  is defined dividing the information elements in two semantically
  separated groups (configuration elements and results ones).  Moreover
  an additional element is defined to relate configuration elements and
  results ones by means of a common unique identifier.  On the basis of
  the information model a data model based on XML is defined to store
  the results of traceroute measurements.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The working group has supported the document throughout its life
  and it has been uncontroversial.
 
Document Quality

  The document has been given thorough review by the group over its
  revisions.  The XML code has been reviewed by the XML directorate.

  A previous version of this document required significant changes to
  address the gen-art review. The document underwent a second
  working group last call and IETF last call to verify consensus for
  these changes.
 
Personnel

  Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked]) was the Document Shepherd.
  Ned Freed ([email-masked]) reviewed the document
  for the XML Directorate. Lars Eggert ([email-masked])
  reviewed it for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  In the description of the CtlSourceAddress element (bottom of page 29):

  OLD:
    On hosts with more than one IP address, this option can be used to
    force the source address to be something other than the primary IP
    address of the interface the probe is sent on.  If "unknown" is
    specified for this object it means that source address specification
    was disabled.
  
  NEW:
    On hosts with more than one IP address, this option can be used in
    "RequestMetadata" element to force the source address to be something
    other than the primary IP address of the interface the probe is sent
    on; the value "unknown" means the default address will be used.

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm