Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009]

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:52:00 +0200

IPPM group,

Please see below.   If there is interest in an IPPM meeting, let us
know by the end of next week.

Matt & Henk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

In our continuing effort to ensure that IETF WGs are getting enough
meeting time to progress their work, we are conducting another experiment.
   Many WGs have found interim meetings an effective way to tackle thorny
technical issues, resolve contentious technical issues, accelerate
standards development, and provide traction for new work.  As always, an
interim WG meeting is not a substitute for a regular session at the
traditional IETF meeting.  Since some WG Chairs and ADs have found the
amount of time necessary to put together an interim meeting can be
excessive, we are trying to reduce the effort necessary to conduct an
interim meeting to determine whether reducing this burden will expedite
IETF standards development.  To this end, the Secretariat will facilitate
a large interim meeting from 20-22 January 2009 in Malta.  If you are
interested in participating in this experiment, please contact your Area
Director for approval.  All face-to-face interim meetings require AD
approval, and this is no exception.  The IETF Secretariat is putting
together a program with three full days and four tracks on each day.  Each
WG interim meeting is expected to consume at least one full day on one of
the tracks.

ADs will schedule the sessions.  A URL for the schedule will be announced
shortly.  Once it is available, if you detect a scheduling conflict,
please raise the concern with your AD for resolution.  Session time is
limited, and sessions will be allocated first come, first served.

The Secretariat will provide registration, food and beverage, audio
visual facilities, and on site registration support.  VeriLAN will provide
network and audio streaming support.  It is expected that the meeting fee
will be $375 for early registration and $475 for late registration.

The Internet Society is looking for meeting sponsors for this event.
Anyone interested please contact Drew Dvorshak <[email-masked]>.

Russ

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceterum censeo Asplain esse delendam  (Cato & Henk)
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: "Geib, Ruediger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:56:20 +0200

Henk,

I won't participate in the SFO IETF. I still ow the IPPM WG a draft on metric testing, which I started to write. I'm not sure whether I will finish it in time for Minneapolis and I don't plan to go to Minneapolis too. So if there is sufficient interest in the topic, an interim in Malta may be an option to discuss it face to face. 

Apart from that, if the WG wishes to be informed about my general thoughts on a possible metric validation, I'm happy to draft a few slides for the Minneapolis meeting. If my colleague Gerhard Hasslinger participates in Minneapolis, he should be able to present these.

To sum up my mail:
- I could participate in Malta, if interest in metric validation is sufficient - but I don't push for a meeting.
- I offer to draft a presentation on thoughts about metric validation for Minneapolis.

Regards,

Ruediger

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henk Uijterwaal
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:52 AM
To: IETF IPPM WG
Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009]

IPPM group,

Matt & Henk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Russ

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:56:24 +0200

Hi all,

> know by the end of next week.

So-far, there hasn't been any interest so unless this changes dramatically
in the next hours, then there won't be an IPPM meeting.

Henk