Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'More Features for the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol - TWAMP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'More Features for the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol - TWAMP '
   <draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt

Technical Summary

The IETF has completed its work on TWAMP - the Two-Way Active
Measurement Protocol. This memo describes a simple extension to
TWAMP, the option to use different security modes in the TWAMP-
Control and TWAMP-Test protocols.

Working Group Summary

This document was discussed at various IETF meetings in 2008. There
was no controversy in the WG process. Consensus was smooth.

Document Quality

At least 3 vendors are implementing TWAMP.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked]).
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the ID for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

RFC Editor's Note:

Title:
OLD
More features for TWAMP
NEW
Mixed Security Mode for TWAMP

5.  Security Considerations
OLD
   The extended mixed-mode of operation permits stronger security/
   integrity protection on the TWAMP-Control protocol while
   simultaneously emphasizing accuracy or efficiency on the TWAMP-Test
   protocol, thus making it possible to increase overall security when
   compared to the previous options.

NEW
   The extended mixed-mode of operation permits stronger security/
   integrity protection on the TWAMP-Control protocol while
   simultaneously emphasizing accuracy or efficiency on the TWAMP-Test
   protocol, thus making it possible to increase overall security when
   compared to the previous options (when resource constraints would
   have forced less security for TWAMP-Control and unauthenticated
   TWAMP-Test is not a significant concern).

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:30:40 +0300

Hi,

please note that the title of the document has been changed to "Mixed  
Security Mode for TWAMP" as indicated by the RFC Editor Note below -  
the document title in this email subject and body is hence incorrect.

Lars