Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'TWAMP Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:07:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TWAMP Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-reflect-octets-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-reflect-octets/

Technical Summary

The IETF has completed its work on the core specification of TWAMP -
the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol. This memo describes two
closely-related features for TWAMP: an optional capability where the
responder host returns some of the command octets or padding octets
to the controller, and an optional sender packet format that ensures
equal test packet sizes are used in both directions.

Working Group Summary

The normal WG process was followed and the document has been discussed
for several years. The document as it is now, reflects WG consensus, with
nothing special worth noticing.

Personnel

Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. Lars
Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.