Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 07:00:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Measurement WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6, IPv4 and Coexistence Updates for IPPM's Active Metric Framework
        Authors         : Al Morton
                          Joachim Fabini
                          Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-05-24

Abstract:
   This memo updates the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC
   2330 with new considerations for measurement methodology and testing.
   It updates the definition of standard-formed packets in RFC 2330 to
   include IPv6 packets, deprecates the definition of minimum standard-
   formed packet, and augments distinguishing aspects of packets,
   referred to as Type-P for test packets in RFC 2330.  This memo
   identifies that IPv4-IPv6 co-existence can challenge measurements
   within the scope of the IPPM Framework.  Exemplary use cases include,
   but are not limited to IPv4-IPv6 translation, NAT, or protocol
   encapsulation.  IPv6 header compression and use of IPv6 over Low-
   Power Wireless Area Networks (6LoWPAN) are considered and excluded
   from the standard-formed packet evaluation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/