Subject: [ippm] [Last week for submission] – IFIP WWIC 2019 – Submission deadline: March 24, 2019

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:35:24 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

IFIP WWIC 2019
The 17th International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet 
Communications
http://wwic2019.nws.cs.unibo.it
June 17-19, 2019, Bologna, Italy
--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***** (EXTENDED) SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MARCH 24, 2019 *****
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Extended versions of selected papers will be invited for publication on 
a fast track special issue of Computer Communications (Elsevier) 
journal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to advancements in technology and development of new services, we 
foresee a tremendous growth of new devices and smart things that need to 
be connected to the Internet through a variety of wireless technologies. 
At the same time, the edge of the Internet is increasingly empowered 
with new capabilities, like pervasive sensing and computing power, which 
opens the way to new domains, services and business models beyond 
traditional mobile Internet, such as connected cars, participatory and 
urban sensing, industrial IoT. As a consequence, new types of 
information have to be delivered by the network with varying 
requirements in terms of reliability, transmission rates and latency. To 
cope with the exponential growth of devices and mobile data traffic, 
there is a need for clean-slate or evolutionary Internet architectures 
merging and assembling different network technologies, supporting new 
paradigms for wired/wireless system planning and optimization, efficient 
transport over heterogeneous wireless access options, efficient and 
quality-aware content distribution, and new approaches for unified 
operations and management of the heterogeneous components, like 
software-defined systems and network function virtualization. These are 
only some examples of the challenges that are of interest to IFIP WWIC 
2019.
The IFIP WWIC 2019 conference takes a broader view to the merge of wired 
and wireless technologies and welcomes submissions from academia and 
industry that explore challenges and advances in architectures, 
algorithms, protocols, and technologies for a global wired/wireless 
Internet network. Papers that present original work, validated by 
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. We also 
encourage work-in-progress and position papers that describe highly 
original ideas, present new directions, or have the potential to 
generate insightful provocative discussions. IFIP WWIC is a single-track 
conference which has reached, over the last 15 years, a high-quality 
level, which is reflected by the paper acceptance rate as well as the 
level of attendance. Following the conference tradition, there will be a 
best paper award.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

- Anticipatory Mobile Networking
- Architectures and protocols for unified operations and management in 
wired/wireless environments
- Architectures and protocols for mobile edge/fog computing
- Content-centric and user-centric networking in wired/wireless 
environments
- Cross-layer network design and optimization
- Data-driven network design and optimization
- Delay/disruptive tolerant and opportunistic networking
- Emergency communication and public-safety networks
- End-to-end QoS support
- Game-theory applications in distributed networked systems
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- Internet/Web of Things and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Interactions between wireless and optical networks
- Intent-based wired and wireless networking
- Localisation, tracking, and mobility management
- Machine-learning approaches in cognitive radio networks
- Machine-learning approaches for network planning, optimization and 
management
- Modelling of heterogeneity aspects
- Mobile clouds and mobile edge computing (MEC)
- Mobile service level agreements / specifications
- Network mobility and handover management
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Network security, trust and privacy in in wired/wireless environment
- Pricing, charging, and accounting
- QoS/QoE mechanisms in wired/wireless environments
- Resource management and admission control
- Robot and UAV networks
- Routing in wired/wireless environments
- Satellite and space networking
- Seamless inter-networking and self-organisation
- Service composition and management
- System prototypes, measurements, real-world deployment, and 
experiences
- Software-defined wireless networks
- 5G and beyond 5G networks
- Traffic characterization and modelling
- Transport protocols and congestion control in wired/wireless 
environment
- User-centric networking
- Virtual and overlay networks
- WiFi hotspot sharing
- Wireless ad hoc, mesh, vehicular and sensor networks
- Wireless network monitoring
- Wearable communications and computing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prospective authors are invited to submit original papers with 
unpublished material and not currently submitted for consideration 
elsewhere. Papers should not exceed 12 LNCS formatted pages, including 
figures, tables, and references. At least one author of each accepted 
paper must register to the conference and present the paper.

Papers accepted and presented at IFIP WWIC 2019 will be published as 
part of the Springer LNCS. They will also be submitted to appear in 
Scopus, ISI Web of Science, DBLP and other leading indexing services. 
Extended versions of selected papers will be invited for publication on 
a fast track special issue of Computer Communications (Elsevier) 
journal.

All submitted papers must conform to the LNCS Formatting Guidelines. 
Authors are invited to use either the LNCS's Latex template or MS Word 
Template. If you have any questions about paper submissions or the 
program, please contact us at http://wwic2019.nws.cs.unibo.it. All 
submissions must be made electronically via EDAS using this link: 
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=25605

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Manuscript registration deadline: (extended) March 24, 2019
- Manuscript submission deadline: (extended) March 24, 2019
- Manuscript acceptance notification: April 26, 2019
- Camera-ready paper submission: May 6, 2019
- Conference dates: June 17-19, 2019

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Chairs
Marco Di Felice, University of Bologna, Italy
Enrico Natalizio, Université de Lorraine, France

Program Chairs
Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Italy
Andreas Kassler, Karlstad University, Sweden

Publication & Web Chair
Angelo Trotta, University of Bologna, Italy

Publicity Chairs
Deval Bhamare, Karlstad University, Sweden
Simone Bolettieri, IIT-CNR, Italy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, USA
Boris Bellalta, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
Paolo Bellavista, University of Bologna, Italy
Fernando Boavida, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
Marcos Caetano, University of Brasilia, Brasil
Georg Carle, Technische Universität München, Germany
Fabio Cavaliere, Ericsson, Italy
Gianni Cerro, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
Marilia Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Fabio D’Andreagiovanni, CNRS, Sorbonne University, France
Robson De Grande, Brock University, Canada
Svetlana Girs, Mälardalen University, Sweden
Fabrizio Granelli, University of Trento, Italy
Sonia Heemstra de Groot, Eindhoven Technical University, Netherlands
Geert Heijenk, University of Twente, Netherlands
Salil Kanhere, UNSW, Australia
Ibrahim Korpeoglu, Bilkent University, Turkey
Bjorn Landfeldt, Lund University, Sweden
Peter Langendoerfer, IHP Microelectronics, Germany
Xavier Masip-Bruin, UPC, Spain
Agapi Mesodiakaki, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Liam Murphy, University College Dublin, Ireland
Panagiotis Papadimitriou, University of Macedonia, Greece
Paul Patras, University of Edinburgh, UK
Danda Rawat, Howard University, USA
Miguel Sepulcre, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Spain
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zürich, Switzerland
Violet Syrotiuk, Arizona State University, USA
Fabrice Théoleyre, CNRS, France
Vassilis Tsaoussidis, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Carlo Vallati, University of Pisa, Italy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTACT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at:
http://wwic2019.nws.cs.unibo.it or contact the conference organizers at:
  [email-masked]