Subject: [ippm] Question on iAOM Profiles

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 12:16:53 +0100

Dear Authors,
in light of preparation for the productive discussion in Prague, I have one
question:

   - how the iOAM Profile is related to the iOAM YANG data model?

I think that the profile might be useful data model construct. Have you
considered such point of view?

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:29:42 +0200

Hi Greg,

Yes, the two drafts are related. Indeed, in the IPPM session next week the
two drafts will be discussed in the same section of the IOAM slot.
An IOAM profile defines a specific use case(s), and a set of corresponding
IOAM features which is a subset of the full-blown IOAM. The IOAM YANG model
is helpful in defining some of the features of an IOAM profile. However, an
IOAM profile may also define some details which cannot be specified by the
YANG model. For example, an IOAM profile may define the semantics of the
Opaque State Snapshot.
We plan to add more text about the connection to the YANG model in the next
version of the IOAM Profile draft.

Cheers,
Tal.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 1:17 PM Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear Authors,
> in light of preparation for the productive discussion in Prague, I have
> one question:
>

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:43:26 +0100

Hi Tal,
many thanks for your response to my question. I'm glad that you've
considered the relationship to the YANG data model already. I agree with
your point that the current model does not provide the means to express the
iOAM profile as defined. Would you be interested to work on an extension to
close that gap? I think that it might become part of the base iOAM data
model or be augmented to it (though I would advocate for the former).

Regards,
Greg

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 12:29 PM Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> We plan to add more text about the connection to the YANG model in the
> next version of the IOAM Profile draft.
>
> Cheers,
> Tal.
>
>