Subject: [ippm] RFC 8545 on Well-Known Port Assignments for the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) and the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:04:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8545

        Title:      Well-Known Port Assignments for the 
                    One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) and 
                    the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) 
        Author:     A. Morton, Ed.,
                    G. Mirsky, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22389
        Updates:    RFC 4656, RFC 5357

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-port-twamp-test-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8545

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8545

This memo explains the motivation and describes the reassignment of
well-known ports for the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP)
and the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) for control and
measurement.  It also clarifies the meaning and composition of these
Standards Track protocol names for the industry.

This memo updates RFCs 4656 and 5357, in terms of the UDP well-known
port assignments, and it clarifies the complete OWAMP and TWAMP
protocol composition for the industry.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC