Subject: [ippm] New Draft: draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-00

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 08:17:31 +0200

Hi,

We have uploaded a new draft, which introduces the concept of IOAM use case
driven profiles.

Any comments will be welcome.

Cheers,
Tal.

Name:           draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile
Revision:       00
Title:          In Situ OAM Profiles
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          8
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-ioam-profile

Abstract:
   In Situ Operations, Administration and Maintenance (IOAM) is used for
   monitoring network performance and for detecting traffic bottlenecks
   and anomalies.  This is achieved by incorporating IOAM data into in-
   flight data packets.  This document introduces the concept of use
   case-driven IOAM profiles.  An IOAM profile defines a use case or a
   set of use cases for IOAM, and an associated set of rules that
   restrict the scope and features of the IOAM specification, thereby
   limiting it to a subset of the full functionality.  The motivation
   for defining profiles is to limit the scope of IOAM features,
   allowing simpler implementation, verification, and interoperability
   testing in the context of specific use cases that do not require the
   full functionality of IOAM.