Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:03:44 -0800

Dear All,
this is version includes a minor non-technical update. The draft has been
stable and the authors believe that it is ready for the WG AP. The Hybrid
Two-Step method of collecting and transporting telemetry information can be
used as in-band or out-of-band information bus by on-path telemetry
protocol. For example, the Hybrid Two-step can be used as the optional IOAM
Trace Option complementing the Direct Export Trace Option.

We always welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions. Greatly
appreciate the consideration of adopting the draft by the IPPM WG.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 9:55 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Guo Zhui <[email-masked]>,
Haoyu Song <[email-masked]>, Wang Lingqiang <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step
Revision:       12
Title:          Hybrid Two-Step Performance Measurement Method
Document date:  2022-01-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          19
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-12

Abstract:
   Development of, and advancements in, automation of network operations
   brought new requirements for measurement methodology.  Among them is
   the ability to collect instant network state as the packet being
   processed by the networking elements along its path through the
   domain.  This document introduces a new hybrid measurement method,
   referred to as hybrid two-step, as it separates the act of measuring
   and/or calculating the performance metric from the act of collecting
   and transporting network state.

The IETF Secretariat