Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-integrity-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 08:55:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Measurement WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Integrity of In-situ OAM Data Fields
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          Justin Iurman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-integrity-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2022-03-02

Abstract:
   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path in the network.  IETF protocols require features to
   ensure their security.  This document describes the integrity
   protection of IOAM-Data-Fields.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-integrity/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-integrity-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-integrity-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Justin Iurman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 19:59:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi IPPM,

The new version of this draft mainly includes the following changes:
- clarifies/redefines the scope: integrity protection of data fields only
- uses "IOAM-Data-Fields" as in draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data for consistency
- defines a more generic algorithm for integrity protection
- restructures (sub)sections
- editorial changes

Any comments prior to the meeting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin and the authors.

> _______________________________________________
> ippm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm