Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam-00.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:27:23 -0800

Dear All,
after our meeting at IETF-112, the authors of draft-mirsky-ippm-epm
and draft-csfx-ippm-hipmetrics worked together. This draft is the result of
our efforts to merge documents and combine ideas. We always welcome your
comments, questions, and suggestions.

Dear IPPM WG Chairs,
we appreciate an opportunity to present our work on Precision Availability
Metrics in multi-SLO environments. We hope you'll grant us a full slot as
this work replaces an earlier draft that had received substantial
discussion on our mailing list.

draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam             Presenter: Greg Mirsky           Time:
10 - 15 min

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 10:16 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam-00.txt
To: Alexander Clemm <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>,
Jerome Francois <[email-masked]>, Joel Halpern <
[email-masked]>, John Strassner <[email-masked]>, Liuyan Han
<[email-masked]>, Xiao Min <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam
Revision:       00
Title:          Precision Availability Metrics for SLO-Governed End-to-End
Services
Document date:  2022-03-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam-00.html
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mhmcsfh-ippm-pam

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of metrics for networking services with
   performance requirements expressed as Service Level Objectives (SLO).
   These metrics, referred to as Precision Availability Metrics (PAM),
   can be used to assess the service levels that are being delivered.
   Specifically, PAM can be used to determine the degree of compliance
   with which service levels are being delivered relative to pre-defined
   SLOs.  PAM can be used to provide a service according to its SLO as
   part of accounting records, to account for the actual quality with
   which services were delivered and whether or not any SLO violations
   occurred.  Also, PAM can be used to continuously monitor the quality
   with which the service is delivered.

The IETF Secretariat