Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm-00.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 04:18:06 -0700

Dear All,
per the suggestion of the Chairs of SFC and IPPM WGs we are introducing our
work on the applicability of the Alternate Marking method (AMM) in the
Service Function Chaining (SFC) with Network Service Header (NSH)
encapsulation. In the document we propose allocation of a new one-bit field
in the NSH Base Header. The field may be used for the single-mark or
mixed-mark AMM. In addition to enabling packet loss and packet delay
measurements, AMM in SFC can be used to measure the Residence Time in an
Service Function Forwarder (SFF) and/or a Service Function (SF). The latter
capability is particularly helpful in the analysis of overall delay
experienced along the Service Function Path (SFP) and delays introduced by
SFC components (Classifiers, SFFs, and SFs).
We always welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 2:56 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm-00.txt
To: Giuseppe Fioccola <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm
Revision:       00
Title:          Performance Measurement (PM) with Alternate Marking Method
in Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service Header (NSH) Domain
Document date:  2022-04-01
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm-00.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mfm-ippm-sfc-nsh-pmamm

Abstract:
   This document describes how the alternate marking method can be used
   as the efficient performance measurement method taking advantage of
   the actual data flows in a Service Function Chaining domain using
   Network Service Header encapsulation.

The IETF Secretariat