Subject: Updated I-D: draft-riegel-ipr-practices-01.txt

From: Max Riegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:28:54 +0200

Dear IETF-Editor,

I would like to submit an update to draft-riegel-ipr-practices-00.txt.

----
Abstract

   Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), in particular patents are
   important for standards development organizations (SDOs).  A patent
   grants a monopoly to the owner to control the usage of the covered
   technology.  If such a technology is becoming part of a standard the
   patent owner can arbitrarily restrict the usage of the standard.
   Therefore all SDOs are concerned about patents in their standards.

   This memo focuses on practices the IETF may apply to cope with patent
   rights in its standards.  The proposal is based on the idea of open
   standards and is fully aligned to the current IPR rules of the IETF.
   The intention is to retain the mind of the IETF while enabling the
   consideration of IPR covered proposals in a defined way.

----

It is a individual submission aimed for further discussion in the
potential IPR WG.

Please retrieve the full document by:
http://www.max.franken.de/ids/draft-riegel-ipr-practices-01.txt

Kind regards
Max
-- 
_________________________________________________________________
Maximilian Riegel      90409 Nuernberg      [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg