Subject: Do the IPR guidelines, etc. apply to the IRTF as well?

From: "Bob Wyman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:06:55 -0500

Do the IPR guidelines on submissions, working groups, etc. apply to
participation in the IRTF as well? If so, then it might be helpful for
the various drafts to explicitly state this or incorporate some language
that encompasses the IRTF.
 
        bob wyman

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:53:11 +0100

RFC 2026 is aimed at the IETF and its processes, not at the IRTF
and its processes, which are defined in RFC 2014. So I think the
answer is clearly no.

However, the IRTF does use the RFC publication process, so at that
stage their documents will automatically fall under the ISOC copyright
aspect. But as far as the IETF process is concerned, that looks
like any other independent submission, so I don't see why any
extra text would be needed.

   Brian

> Bob Wyman wrote:
> 
> Do the IPR guidelines on submissions, working groups, etc. apply to participation in the IRTF as well? If so, then it might be
> helpful for the various drafts to explicitly state this or incorporate some language that encompasses the IRTF.
> 
>         bob wyman
_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg