Subject: RE: Not hum, hmmmmmm

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:30:53 +0100

> IMO, the group should be rechartered so that those who feel the 
> current policy is broken have the opportunity to state their case 
> and not be told, continually, that such discussion is off-topic.

Those discussions were actually off-topic for the IPR WG. WG's are
chartered to do work that has been agreed to be done, and at this
point the current WG is done with its work and should be closed, as
we have not identified and agreed on additional work to justify a
recharter. 

If there are people who claim that the current policy is broken and
therefore want to convince us about that, they are (as always in the
IETF) free to submit an ID on the topic, as has already been pointed
out several times. If that later on leads to an agreement that we
have a problem to resolve, a WG can be chartered to do that specific
work.

/L-E
_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg