Subject: re: Issue found in RFC 3667 text

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:06:43 -0700

I don't like the current boilerplate at all, and I'd like to see
it updated.

I like both Brian's proposals, or even the combination:

  This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
  all provisions of RFC 3668. In particular, any applicable patent or
  other IPR claims of which the author(s) are reasonably and personally
  aware have been or will be disclosed, and any of which they become aware
  will be disclosed, in accordance with RFC 3668.

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 15:05:37 -0700

>   will be disclosed, in accordance with RFC 3668.

"will be disclosed" still sounds like it allows submarine patents;  RFC 3668
section 6.2 has some reasonable language avoiding that, but I don't think
"in accordance with RFC 3668" gets it across here in the second sentence.
I'd prefer seeing a pointer to that section in the "In particular statement".

My two cents,
				Ted Hardie