Subject: Disclosure forms - modified version

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:27:30 +0100

If someone wants to check out the modified disclosure forms as per the 
discussions of a month ago before they go into production, check out:

<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/ipr/disclosure-generic.pdf>
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/ipr/disclosure-specific.pdf>

I plan to ask the secretariat to put them into production next week.

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:07:08 -0500

A question on the proposed new disclosure form.

If we now have, as the last option: "See Text Box Below for Licensing 
Declaration", then do we still need "Unwilling to Commit to the 
Provisions of a), b), or c) Above."?

... especially because you don't really need to select any of the options?

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:22:11 +0100

> ... especially because you don't really need to select any of the options?

I think it's convenient to have under some circumstances ("yes, we 
acknowledge that we have this IPR, but we are really in a mess with 
deciding what to do about it, and we don't want to say anything else").

It doesn't do any harm, I think - and it saves having to discuss with those 
(if any) who think they may want to use it later.....

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:31:41 -0500

On 1/21/2005 11:22, Harald Tveit Alvestrand allegedly wrote:
> 
> 
> --On fredag, januar 21, 2005 10:07:08 -0500 Scott W Brim 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> It doesn't do any harm, I think - and it saves having to discuss with 
> those (if any) who think they may want to use it later.....

OK ... swb