Subject: New item: What happens when an Initiative is started under RFC2026 rules and is updated?

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:31:38 -0800

Folks
I want to resolve what I think is a new item, that being what happens to 
initiatives that are started under RFC2026-alone rules and then updated with 
new filings in the post BCP78/79 days.

Since that IP is already published under the Any and All uses, updating it 
in any manner (since those updates are derivatives) would create a second 
set of IP Rules in place.  Also since there is nothing in RFC2026 that says 
anything about 'derivative works may be published under different or amended 
IP Rules', I think the IETF is facing a dilemma here.

That said - I would like to propose that we adopt a formal policy that in 
instances where pre-existing IPR rules were in place, that those rules 
continue to be in force for any and all derivative works or updates to those 
original writings, including new initiatives which are clearly derivatives 
of those already in place under the RFC2026 contract agreement.

Todd Glassey 

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg