Subject: Re: [IPsec] mailer childishness... Re: Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 00:25:23 -0400 (EDT)

On May 5, 2021, at 23:15, Dan Harkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
>  OK, this is ridiculous. "non-inclusive behaviour"? Bullying? Gimme
> a break.

I actually tried giving you a break last time you brought this up,
but literally days laters you repeated the same behaviour again.
Actions have consequences, so I exercised my right to not have to listen
to your personal emails to me.

> If the editor of a draft in an IETF WG blocks legitimate email
> concerning the draft then perhaps the editor of the draft shouldn't
> be editor of the draft anymore.

I have no problem responding to emails on this list, even sent by you.
They are not blocked and we can have IPsec related conversations in public.

> I'll volunteer to take over this draft. I don't block anyone and
> will tolerate all sorts of inclusive or non-inclusive behavior.

As someone who added a mocking Human Rights Considerations section to
promote the right to bear arms in RFC 8492 and as someone who used a
“Lester White” persona to publish a draft mocking (and targetting)
a number of vulnerable groups of people, while throwing in a personal
attacks on me and ekr under the guise of “sarcasm is freedom of
speech”, I would urge the chairs to pick another alternative author,
if they deem one is necessary.

I will process your on-topic comments to the draft in a separate email,
and if needed rev the document to address the issues and we can discuss
that further on this email list.

I will not further comment on your opinion about my personal email
server configuration, because that is out of scope for this list, AND
because it is still my desire and right not to talk or listen to you
about anything other than IETF work covered by the Note Well and IETF
anti-harassment policy.

Paul

> .On 5/5/21 8:08 PM, PMDF Internet Messaging wrote:
>> This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:
>>  Message-id: <[email-masked]>
>>  Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 20:08:35 -0700
>>  From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
>>  To: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>>  Subject: Re: [IPsec] I-D Action:
>>   draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev1-algo-to-historic-00.txt
>> Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
>>  Recipient address: [email-masked]
>>  Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
>>  Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 <[email-masked]>: Sender address rejected: Refusing email from Dan Harkins for repeated bullying and non-inclusive behaviour
>>  Remote system: dns;mx.nohats.ca (TCP|198.137.202.94|47303|193.110.157.68|25) (mx.nohats.ca ESMTP Postfix)
> --
> "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
> escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
>
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 22:51:05 -0700

WRONG! You got exactly ZERO emails since your last hissy fit yet
you went out of your way to send me one accusing me of bullying
you. Your passive-aggressive attacks are getting ridiculous and
really tiring.

   Oh, and cryptography is deemed an armament by your own government.
So maybe petition your PM to stop such "mocking."

   Again, I'd be happy to take over this I-D. I'll accept emails from
anyone.

   Dan.

P.S. telling someone they should be "culled" (which means to be
slaughtered) is against the IETF's anti-harassment policy. You might
want to stop being such a hypocrite.

On 5/5/21 9:25 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
>>>  Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 <[email-masked]>: Sender 
>>> address rejected: Refusing email from Dan Harkins for repeated 
>>> bullying and non-inclusive behaviour
>>>  Remote system: dns;mx.nohats.ca 
>>> (TCP|198.137.202.94|47303|193.110.157.68|25) (mx.nohats.ca ESMTP 
>>> Postfix)
>> --