Subject: Issue5 and ECN

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:58:59 +0300

When checking issue 5 "ECN text in USE_TRANSPORT_MODE" I read the
section "2.24 ECN Notification". While reading it, I noticed that the
section DOES NOT have anything to do with IKEv2, it only modifies some
other documents (RFC2401 and RFC3168).

I think that whole section should be removed, and moved to the
RFC2401bis instead. Earlier it was little bit different because the
support for ECN was negotiated in the IKEv1, but now it is on by
default, so I do not think we need anything more in IKEv2 document
than the text saying that the ECN support should be done as defined in
the RFC2401bis.

It makes quite hard for implementators if they have to read unrelated
documents (IKEv2) to see how to process ECN modifiers instead of
reading how to handle them from the IPsec architecture document or the
document which describes the ECN. 
-- 
[email-masked]
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/
SSH IPSEC Toolkit                            http://www.ssh.fi/ipsec/