Subject: Exporting symbols into linux kernel?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:10:40 +0530

Hi  All

  I saw your question on the internet regarding exporting symbols in linux
kernel.
  Even i have done similar thing and i am also facing the same problem.

  Since you have faced this problem in past  so i hope you must have got
  its solution as well.

  Can you please share the same with me .

    I am attaching the question once again for quick reference.
Thanks in advance

Regards
Vikash Gupta

==================================================
  hi all
I have a problem. I am tampering the tcp/ip source code.
   In the /net/ipv4/ip_input.c file i want to call my function which is
defined in another .c file and declared in another .h file(declared as
extern function), and  I will include this .h file  in the ip_input.c.

But this doesn't work? Do i need to export symbols?
Do i have to make an entry in netsyms.c and what about /proc/kysms ??
Please tell me what should i do. I think exporting symbols might help. If
i need to export symbols, then how should i go about doing it.

=========================================================

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."