Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:03:46 -0700

The authors have made many revisions to the draft, and it should 
still be of interest to all IPsec implementers.

--Paul Hoffman

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>Cc: [email-masked]
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt
>Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 07:21:15 -0400
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working 
>Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: Terminology for Benchmarking IPsec Devices
>	Author(s)	: M. Bustos et al.
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt
>	Pages		: 53
>	Date		: 2003-6-30
>
>This purpose of this document is to define terminology specific to
>measuring the performance of IPsec devices.  It builds upon the
>tenets set forth in RFC 1242, RFC 2544, RFC 2285 and other IETF
>Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) documents used for
>benchmarking routers and switches.  This document seeks to extend
>these efforts specific to the IPsec paradigm.  The BMWG produces
>two major classes of documents: Benchmarking Terminology documents
>and Benchmarking Methodology documents. The Terminology documents
>present the benchmarks and other related terms. The Methodology
>documents define the procedures required to collect the benchmarks
>cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt".
>
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the 
>URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
><mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the 
>URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-01.txt>