Subject: Xauth-otp

From: Raghava Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:35:02 +0500

Hi,
Can any one help me how to proceed  Extended Authentication with in
Ike(XAUTH)  for OTP(One Time  Password)?

The  exchange of messages for Xauth  which supports OTP is as follows

   IPSec Host                                              Edge Device
   --------------                                    -----------------
                   <-- REQUEST(TYPE=OTP CHALLENGE="otp-md5 499 ke1234"
                                                  NAME="" PASSWORD="")
   REPLY(TYPE=OTP NAME="joe" PASSWORD="5bf0 75d9 959d 036f") -->
                                                    <-- SET(STATUS=OK)
   ACK(STATUS) -->

My question is how an edge device can generate the challenge("otp-md5 499
ke1234")  with out the key  field like username?

bye
  vamsi

---

From: "Stephane Beaulieu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:03:22 -0500

Hi Vamsi,

I believe I've already answered this question for you.

Please use the [email-masked] mailing list for any further questions
regarding XAUTH.

Thx,
Stephane.