Subject: Re: telephoney testing tools

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:54:09 -0500

Hello,

One of the best VoIP set of testing tools is from Hammer Technologies.
Their line of equipment can perform bulk call testing, voice quality
testing,
and protocol evaluation for VoIP equipment. Hammer can be found at
http://www.hammer.com

Best Regards,

- Greg Boop
  Mgr - VoIP Development
  IBM - NHD
  RTP, NC, USA
  Phone (919)-254-0319
  [email-masked]

[email-masked] (Ming Lu) on 12/29/98 06:19:22 PM

To:   IP Telephoney <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Gregory Boop/Raleigh/IBM)
Subject:  telephoney testing tools

Hi:

I am looking for information regarding telephoney testing tools,
especially voice over ip.

TIA

_ming

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ming Lu)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:55:38 -0600

Greg::

Thanks for the information and appreciate all of you replied...:-).

Looks like that hammer is only one around. What I really look for is the
alternatives, which I can
evaliuate before I settle with hammer.

We have a couple of hammers in our voice group but they are old (based on
intel 486-66, running on top NT), they don't have VOIP module and
softeware. The system price is very steep (around $80,000 a piece
including softeware and special interface card) and PC's life cycle is
very short.

Are there any alternative around? What about rentals?

Happy new year

_ming

---------