Subject: Notice of Meeting and Call for Contributions on new ITU question on Internet Gateway Equipment

From: Jerry Skene <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:40:34 -0500

Notice of Meeting and Call for Contributions on new ITU question on
Internet Gateway Equipment

In October, the Telecommunications Standardization Bureau of the
International Telecommunications Union, (ITU-T) Study Group 15
(Transport Networks, Systems and Equipment)approved a new Question
dealing with interconnection equipment between the GSTN and IP Networks.
The first meeting of this new Question (Q21/15)will be held in
conjunction with the Study Group 15/Working Party 2 interim meeting on
16 - 19 February, 1999.

ITU members can find the full text of the question on the ITU Informal
FTP Area, at:
http://ftp.itu.int/u/tsg15/sg15/wp2/q21/q21_index.htm
Note that this site is password protected, and is accessible to ITU
members only.

Non-ITU members can find the text of the Question at:
http://www.coherent.com/itu 

This message is a call for contributions on this important new work. The
goal of
the February meeting is to establish working methods for the Question,
the baseline structure for the Recommendation, a timetable for
completion of the work, and to begin
drafting text.

The Recommendation being developed in this Question will be of interest
to the following parties:
- GSTN telephony carriers interfacing or planning to interface their
networks to the Internet
- Internet Service Providers carrying or planning to carry telephony
traffic originating or terminating on the GSTN
- Network equipment vendors providing or developing Internet
Telephony interface equipment

Meeting Registration
ITU and interested non-ITU members may attend this meeting. Details on
registration for the interim meeting may be obtained from the host, Tom
Oshidari [[email-masked]]. The venue for the meeting is the
Sheraton on Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco. The meeting will be one
day long, and will be held during the week of February 15-19. The
specific day will be known by January 15.

Contributions
If you plan to attend this meeting, please let the Rapporteur, Mr. Jerry
Skene and the host, Mr. Oshidari know. If you plan to submit a
contribution on this topic, please email it to the Rapporteur, and it
will be included in the discussion. 

If you are a non ITU member, you are most welcome to attend and to
submit contributions. Please contact the rapporteur for guidance on
this.

To ensure proper consideration of a contribution, the title of the
contribution must be received by the rapporteur no later than January 8,
1999.

Sincerely;

Jerry Skene   Rapporteur, Q21/15

_________________________________________________
Jerry Skene              | Tellabs, Inc.
Director,                | 45085 University Drive
International Standards  | Ashburn, VA 20147.2745 USA
tel:+1 703 724-7302      | URL: www.tellabs.com
fax: +1 703 724-7202     | email: [email-masked] 

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Binshi Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:06:14 -0500

In the section of Relationship of Q 21/15, we should put TIA which defines TDMA
and CDMA standard.

Binshi Cao.