Subject: RE: Intelligent Services in H.323 Networks

From: Douglas Clowes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:25:33 +1100

Indeed, a request to look at "Back End Services" - what they are and how
to standardise them - including IN/AIN type services, was submitted to
TIPHON recently.

The request was opposed, and consequently not accepted.

Douglas

At 08:58 1999-01-27 -0700, Hoefelmeyer, Ralph (MCI) wrote: 

<excerpt>

<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>Alok,</color></fontfamily> 

<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>Yes,
there are efforts to provide IN/AIN services in H.323 networks and to
interoperate with PSTN services, but I do not believe there is any
"standard" approach yet.  Erricsson has set up an H.323 network in
Norway, you might check with them and see what they are doing.

</color></fontfamily>

<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>Ralph</color></fontfamily> 

<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>-----Original
Message-----</smaller></fontfamily> 

<bold><fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>From: 
</smaller></fontfamily></bold>
<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>Alok Mittal
[SMTP:[email-masked]]</smaller></fontfamily> 

<bold><fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>Sent: 
</smaller></fontfamily></bold>
<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>Wednesday, January 27, 1999 4:53
AM</smaller></fontfamily> 

<bold><fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>To:   
</smaller></fontfamily></bold>
<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>[email-masked]'</smaller></fontfamily> 

<bold><fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>Subject:      
</smaller></fontfamily></bold>
<fontfamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>Intelligent Services in H.323
Networks</smaller></fontfamily> 

<smaller>Hi</smaller> 

<smaller> </smaller> 

<smaller> I have a query that hopefully belongs to this list --</smaller> 

<smaller> Is there any effort underway to provide IN/AIN like
services</smaller> 

<smaller> in H.323 networks in a standardized manner, and to
inter-</smaller> 

<smaller> operate with similar services in PSTN?</smaller> 

<smaller>Thanks!</smaller> 

<smaller>Alok</smaller> 

<smaller>-----------------------------------------------------------------</smaller> 

<smaller>Alok Mittal     </smaller> 

<smaller>Technical Leader,       Hughes Software Systems</smaller> 

<smaller>Prestige Opal, 146 Infantry Road, Bangalore - 560001</smaller> 

<smaller>Tel: +91-80-2286390,91,92       Fax: +91-80-2286393</smaller> 

<smaller>-----------------------------------------------------------------</smaller> 

<smaller>---------</smaller> 

<smaller>This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing
List.</smaller> 

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Richard Brennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:59:39 -0800

Actually... 
the work item proposed by Telekom Austria... 
http://docbox.etsi.org/tech-org/tiphon/Document/tiphon/05-9901-Sophia/11TD11
9.doc 
was not added to the WG-2 work program due to concern regarding the scope of
the work item.

The issue of interfaces to "Back End Services"  will be considered at a second
BOF session 
at the ETSI-TIPHON 12 meeting in Philadelphia, PA. 
(Tentatively scheduled for... Monday, 1st March 1999 18:00-20:00)

ETSI-TIPHON has already approved a Technical Specification in this area:
TS 101 321 (12/98) "Inter-domain pricing, authorization, and usage exchange",
based 
on HTTP 1.1 and XML. (commonly referred to as: Open Settlement Protocol - OSP) 
http://docbox.etsi.org/tech-org/tiphon/Document/tiphon/07-drafts/wg3/DTS0300
4/V1.4.2 

====================================================
Richard Brennan - Product Manager Internet Telephony
GRIC Communications, Inc.
1421 McCarthy Blvd.,Milpitas, CA 95035 USA
tel: +1.408.965.1193            fax: +1.408.955.1967
mailto:[email-masked]         http://www.gric.com
====================================================

At 10:25 AM 1/28/99 +1100, Douglas Clowes wrote: 
>
> Indeed, a request to look at "Back End Services" - what they are and how to
> standardise them - including IN/AIN type services, was submitted to TIPHON
> recently. 
>
>> Alok, 
>> Yes, there are efforts to provide IN/AIN services in H.323 networks and to
>> "standard" approach yet.  Erricsson has set up an H.323 network in Norway,
>> you might check with them and see what they are doing. 
>>
>> Ralph 
>>
>> -----Original Message----- 
>> From: Alok Mittal [SMTP:[email-masked]] 
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 4:53 AM 
>> To:   [email-masked]' 
>> Subject:      Intelligent Services in H.323 Networks 
>>
>> Hi 
>>
>> I have a query that hopefully belongs to this list -- 
>>
>> Is there any effort underway to provide IN/AIN like services 
>> in H.323 networks in a standardized manner, and to inter- 
>> operate with similar services in PSTN? 
>>
>> Thanks! 
>> Alok 
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> Alok Mittal     
>> Technical Leader,       Hughes Software Systems 
>> Prestige Opal, 146 Infantry Road, Bangalore - 560001 
>> Tel: +91-80-2286390,91,92       Fax: +91-80-2286393 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>
>>
>> --------- 
> <<<< 
> --------- This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List. 

---------