Subject: Session on Internet Telephony at the '99 SPIE Intl Symposium on Voice, Video, and Data Communications

From: "Christian J. van den Branden Lambrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:59:29 -0800

SPIE's International Symposium on
Voice, Video, and Data Communications

Conference on Multimedia Systems and Applications II (vv06)

Session on Standards and Systems for Internet Telephony

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a session to be held within the conference on Multimedia
Systems and Applications II of the SPIE's International Symposium on Voice,
Video, and Data Communications. The session is intended to gather topical
papers discussing Internet Telephony systems and standards. The session is
meant to be tutorial and discuss all the aspects of internet telephony
systems, including but not limited to:
- H.323 protocol stack,
- IETF standards for internet telephony,
- Network management for internet telephony,
- Signaling,
- Audio compression,
- Gateways/Gatekeepers,
- Quality of Service management,
- Interoperability.

We are seeking to bring together researchers and practitioners and we are
looking for review or tutorial papers as well as contributions describing
original work. We are now soliciting contributions for this particular
session. The timetable is as follows:

Abstract due date:				February 22, 1999
Abstract due date for on-site proceedings:		February 8, 1999
Manuscript due date:				August 23, 1999
Manuscript due date for on-site proceedings:		June 28, 1999

The conference will be held in Boston, MA, September 19-22, 1999 at the
Hynes Convention Center.

Further information, call for papers, etc. can be found at
http://www.spie.org/info/vv/. Further information for this session can be
obtained by email to [email-masked].

Please feel free to forward this announcement to any interested person.

=============================================================
Christian J. van den Branden Lambrecht  Voice: 650-857-7658
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories              Fax: 650-857-4691
1501 Page Mill Road, MS 1U20            Email: [email-masked]
Palo Alto, CA 94304                            [email-masked]
=============================================================