Subject: Education/Research Passes to iBAND2

From: Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:09:05 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Stardust Forums is giving away a number of education and research passes to
iBAND2. This technical conference is focused on Quality of Service-based
Traffic Management, Measuring & Monitoring Traffic, Interdomain & Peered
QoS & IP Multicast, Billing for Premium Services, & more

If you fit this category, simply drop me some email. Of course, if you do
work for an ISP, enterprise or vendor....you're invited too.

Below are some of the highlights of iBAND2.

Sincerely,
Marty Bickford
Conference Director

-----------------------------------------------------------------

iBAND2 - The Internet Bandwidth Management Summit
May 23-25, 1999 in San Francisco, California
http://www.stardust.com/iband2/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

iBAND2 is a one-of-a-kind technical conference where attendees are immersed
in the new Internet bandwidth technologies around the clock. It is your
chance to explore the latest about smart bandwidth--it's not just about
speed. Learn about the new bandwidth management technologies, deployment
strategies, and business opportunities. Share the latest in-depth
information not available anywhere else.

If you are responsible for managing and growing network bandwidth, head for
iBAND2. Explore ideas, insights and experiences with peers, partners and
experts. Hear from the best and brightest minds in the Internet space.

A must attend event for IP Network Professionals in enterprise, ISPs, and
carrier organizations. Are you an enterprise executive looking to harness
your network? Are you a network professional examining the future of your
network? Are you a service provider looking to sell additional services and
not just bandwidth?

Discover how you can make and save money by offering new business services.
Join us at iBAND2.

    Scroll down for details or click on a link.

TECHNOLOGIES COVERED & WHITE PAPER
    http://www.stardust.com/iband2/tech_resources.htm

QUALITY OF SERVICE (QoS) NETWORK SHOWCASE
    http://www.stardust.com/iband2/qos-showcase.htm

FREE MP3 PLAYERS WITH PURCHASE OF CONFERENCE SESSIONS
    http://www.stardust.com/iband2/diamond.htm

LEADING INTERNET TECHNOLOGISTS AT iBAND2 & THE AGENDA
    http://www.stardust.com/iband2/sessions.htm

REGISTER TODAY & SAVE
    https://www.stardust.com/events/iband2/registration.htm

TECHNOLOGIES COVERED & THE INTERNET BANDWIDTH
MANAGEMENT WHITE PAPER
--------------------------
iBAND2 is a one-of-a-kind technical and educational event, exploring the
latest about smart bandwidth-- its not just about speed. Learn about the
new bandwidth management technologies, deployment strategies, and business
opportunities. Share the latest in-depth information not available anywhere
else. Explore ideas with peers, partners and experts.

Hot topics:
* QoS, IP Multicast, DIFFSERV, RSVP, Policy, COPS, Directory
    Standards and Schema
* Quality of Service-based Traffic Management, Measuring &
    Monitoring Traffic, Interdomain & Peered QoS & IP Multicast,
    Billing for Premium Services
* Traffic prioritization, Voice over IP, SLA's, VPN's, Call Centers.
    Streaming Media, and more.

Internet Bandwidth Management White Paper:
Technologies, applications and business opportunities are the focus of an
up-to-date 24 page white paper produced for iBAND. Download it today for
free: http://www.stardust.com/iband2/whitepaper.hm

QUALITY OF SERVICE (QoS) NETWORK SHOWCASE
-----------------------------------------
15 vendors are collaborating to build an end-to-end QoS Network. Attendees
will experience the benefits and comparisons between applications with QoS
enabled and disabled in a saturated network environment.  Discuss the
options and capabilities with the engineers who designed and built this
extensive network.  View policy management, directory services, traffic
management and monitoring and more.

http://www.stardust.com/iband2/qos-showcase.htm

Participating companies include: 3Com, Cisco, Extreme, IPHighway, IPivot,
Lucent, Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Novell, Orchestream, Qosnetics, Xedia,
Netcom Systems, Nortel, and more.

FREE MP3 PLAYERS WITH PURCHASE OF CONFERENCE SESSIONS
-----------------------------------------
We know you can't attend more than one session at a time. In addition to
receiving all materials electronically, Diamond Attendees receive a FREE
Portable Conference Player (MP3 Player). We'll also include conference
sessions from iBAND98 and MCAST99.

http://www.stardust.com/iband2/diamond.htm

THE LEADERS & THEIR SESSIONS
----------------------------------------------
Who will be there? Leading Internet technologists from the IETF, vendor and
service providers.

Our keynote:
Scott Bradner of Harvard University.
Mr. Bradner is the co director of the Transport Area in the IETF, is a
member of the IESG, and an elected trustee of the Internet Society where he
serves as the Vice President for Standards. He was also co director of the
IETF IP next generation effort and is coeditor of "IPng: Internet Protocol
Next Generation" from Addison-Wesley.

Other distinguished presenters include:
* Radia Perlman, Sun Microsystems
* Shai Herzog, IPHighway
* Bob Quinn, Stardust Forums
* Winston Bumpus, Novell & DMTF
* Benjamin Teitelbaum, Internet2
* Hal Sandick, Nortel
* Yoram Bernet, Microsoft
* Vasilis Theoharakis, 3Com
* Rod Murchison, Newbridge
* Ashley Stephenson, Xedia Corporation
* Ed Perry, Hewlett-Packard
* Charlie Muirhead, Orchestream
* Mark Fishburn, NetCom Systems
* Doug Sherman, 3Com
* Adam Dunstan, Avici Systems
* Tom Clarkson, IPivot
* Jude O'Reilly, Aventail
* Jeff Young, Cable & Wireless
* Vijay Srinivasan, Torrent Networking Technologies
* J. Christopher Landes, Lucent
* and of course...many more.

Click here for more details about the technical conference
http://www.stardust.com/iband2/sessions.htm

REGISTER
----------------------------------------------
ACT FAST.  Sign up before April 23rd and save $200
http://www.stardust.com/iband2/

Nortel Networksis the Platinum Sponsor, IP Multicast Initiative & the
Quality of Service Forum are Alliance Sponsors, and America's Network, Data
Communications, InternetWeek and tele.com are Publication Sponsors of iBAND2.

Contact Stardust Forums at (408)879-8080 with any questions regarding iBAND2.

See you there.
---
Marty Bickford  - 408.879.8080 (8081-fax)
Stardust Forums - http://www.stardust.com

iBAND2(sm) - The Internet Bandwidth Management Summit

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.