Subject: Re: [Fwd: H323 RAS signalling and call signal transport address]

From: Arjun RC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:27:45 +0530 (IST)

Hi Nagraj,

On Wed, 7 Apr -1, Nagaraj_Vn wrote:
Nag> If above is true, then what is the use of the callSignal Transport
Nag> address field in the RCF message sent by Gatekeeper? My initial

When a terminal does a RRQ it does not know whether it will be a caller or
callee in a call. For example, if A wants to call B thru GK,
A needs to know the CallSigAddr of GK and GK needs to know the CallSigAddr
of B. So here, the GK needs to know the CallSigAddr of a terminal and a
terminal needs to know the CallSigAddr of GK.
I think that is why both specify their CallSigAddr at the time of
Registration.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Cheers
ARC

In accord to UNIX philosophy, PERL gives you enough rope to hang
yourself.  
		      - Larry Wall, Randal Schwartz (Camel Book) 
------------------------------+----------------------------------+
(O): Hughes Software Systems  |(R): 68/G, 2nd Narayanappa Block, |
146, Prestige Opal Bldng,     |R.T. Nagar,                       |
Infantry Rd, Bangalore-560001 |Bangalore-560032                  |
Ph:+91-80-2286390/91/92       |Ph:+91-80-3430565                 |
------------------------------+----------------------------------+
http://arjun.cjb.net, http://hss068.hss.hns.com (intra HSS)

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.