Subject: SIP clarification

From: Arjun RC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:26:04 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
we are  trying to implement a minimal version of SIP on UDP and have the
following
doubt:

The RFC (2543) dated Mar '99 sights an example of Users REGISTERing with
the SIP Server.
However, it does not show the server sending a response (e.g 200 OK) for
the same. (16.1 pg 120)

However, section 10.4.1, pg 90 states that REGISTER should be
retransmitted. Hence it seems logical that a response should be returned.

Could anyone pls clarify the exact procedure (ie whether as response
follows a register request)

Thx
Cheers
ARC 

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.