Subject: ICATM99 - Preliminary Program

From: Conf ICATM99 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:17:42 +0200

Please feel free to circulate this following preliminary program of ICATM99
to interested colleagues (see http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/ICATM99.html for
more information). 
Accept our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies.

------------------------------------------------------------------

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

08:00 - 18:00 Conference Registration

Monday June 21

08:30 - 09:00	Opening Address 

09:00 - 10:00 Tutorial Session 1
Chair: M. Lee

Mobile and Wireless ATM Networks - Third Generation Systems (UMTS/IMT2000)
G. Omiyar, GTE Telecom, Egypt

10:00 - 10:30 Coffee Break

10:30 - 11:30 Tutorial Session 2
Chair: S. Rao

Rich VPNs: the Best win-win Deal between a Carrier and its Customers
S. Ritzenthaler, Newbridge, France

11:30 - 12:30 Tutorial Session 3
Chair: J. Crowcroft

Implementing Ipv6 over ATM
M. Souissi, F. Dupont, B. Leroy, INRIA Rocquencourt, France

12:30 - 14:00 Lunch - Restaurant Universitaire

14:00 - 15:30 Wireless ATM 1
Chair: G.S. Kuo

A Hybrid Data/Header Interleaving Strategy for Wireless ATM Networks
S.T. Sheu, T.F. Sheu, TamKang University, China

A Deadlock Model for a Multi-Service Medium access Protocol Employing
Multi-Slot N-ARY Stack Algorithm (MSSTART)
F. Cameron, M. Zukerman, University of Melbourne, Australia

Optimal DLC Protocol Configuration for Realistic Broadband Fixed Wireless
Access Networks based on ATM
S. Mangold, Aachen University of Technology, Germany

14:00 - 15:30 Flow Control in ATM: ABR 1
Chair: P. Rolin

Guaranteeing Fairness and Protection in ABR by Means of Fair Queuing
L.A. Guijarro, J.R. Vidal, J.Martinez, University of Valencia, Spain

Fluid Analysis of a TCP Connection over ABR, in Presence of Exogenous Flow
J.L. Costeux, CNET, France

Bidirectional ABR Mechanism
P. Homan, J. Bester, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia

15:30 - 15:45 Coffee Break

15:45 - 17:15 Wireless ATM 2
Chair: G. Omidyar

Routing Protocols for Wireless Ad hoc ATM Networks
A. Hettich, A. Kadelka, H. Kukulies, Aachen University of Technology, Germany

Hand-Off and Synchronization Protocol for Supporting Multimedia
Communications in an ATM based Wireless Network
A. Leon, M. Esteve, J.C. Guerri, C. Palau, A. Pajares, Polytechnic
University of Valencia, Spain

A Flexible Signaling Protocol for Supporting Switched AAL Type 2
Connections in UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Networks
I.. Szabo, Ericsson, Hungary

15:45 - 17:15 Flow Control in ATM: ABR 2
Chair: G. Pujolle

Evaluation of the Virtual Source/Virtual Destination-Technique for
Available Bit Rate Traffic in ATM-Networks
J. Baalmann, C. Cseh, University of Technology Aachen, Germany

ABR Rate Control for Multimedia Traffic using Microeconomics
E.W. Fulp, D.S. Reeves, North Carolina State University, USA

Evaluation of the TCP Traffic over the ABR Service Targeted to Support Mass
Storage Applications
I. Mountzouris, G. Orphanos, A. Birbas, S. Koubias, G. Papadopoulos,
University of Patras, Greece

17:15 - 17:30 Coffee Break

17:30 - 19:00 Management
Chair: S. Rao

Model-Based-Diagnosis for Fault Management in ATM Networks
F. Krief, A. Osmani, Institut Galilée, France

A Model of Fault Messages for Maintenance of UNI/NNI Resources in HANbit
ACE64 ATM Switching System
G. Kwon, ETRI, Korea

Dynamic Management of Routing Tables and Connection Re-routing in ATM Networks
S. Kumar, S.V. Raghavan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India

17:30 - 19:00 Multicast
Chair: J.J. Pansiot

Compound VC Mechanism for native Multicast in ATM Networks
J. Mangues-Bafalluy, J. Domingo-Pascual, Polytechnic University of
Catalunya, Spain

IPv6 Multicasting over ATM Testbed
J.S. Silva, N. Veiga, S. Duarte, F. Boavida, University of Coimbra, Portugal

Design and Analysis of Multicast Delivery to Provide VCR Functionality in
Video-on Demand Systems
W. Poo, K.T. Lo, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong ; J. Feng,
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Tuesday June 22

09:00 - 10:30 Real-Time Traffic
Chair: M. Dickmann

A Method for Accurate Time Synchronization through In-Service Monitoring in
ATM Networks
D. Vidal, University of the Balearic Islands, Spain

Delay Jitter Guarantee for Real-Time Communications with ATM Network
Z. Mammeri, University Paul Sabatier, France

Hierarchical Vector Clock: Scalable Plausible Clock for Detecting Causality
in Large Distributed Systems
D.A. Khotimsky, Lucent Technologies, USA ; I.A. Zhuklinets, Mozhaysky
Academy, Russia

09:00 - 10:30 IP over ATM 1
Chair: G. Girardi

Shortcutting IP Flows over Large ATM Networks
J. Schmitt, L. Wolf, M. Karsten, R. Steinmetz, Darmstadt University of
Technology, Germany ; Y.O. Lorcy, C. Siebel, Deutsche Telekom, Germany

Measurement-Based Simulation Model for TCP over ATM
G. Seres, T. Elteto, A. Olah, Ericsson telecommunications, Hungary

On the Efficiency of Packet telephony over IP and ATM
M. Baldi, F. Risso, Polytechnic of Torino, Italy

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break

11:00 - 12:30 Traffic Control
Chair: D. Kofman

Networks Performance Based Connection Admission Control Model in ATM
Networks: Immediate and Future Reservation Approaches
M. Nour, University of Montreal, Canada ; A. Hafid University of Western
Ontario, Canada ; M. Gendreau, University of Montreal, Canada

Validating novel CAC algorithms on ATM testbeds
J. Levendovszky, Z. Elek, C. Vegso, Technical University of Budapest, Hungary

The Design of an Object-Oriented Simulation Tool for Evaluating ATM Network
Resource Control Scheme
J. Soldatos, D. Vergados, E. Vayias, N. Mitrou, National Technical
University of Athens, Greece

11:00 - 12:30 IP over ATM 2
Chair: F. Vanney

A Framework for Testing IP QoS over ATM Networks: Implementation and
Practical Experiences
N. Kroth, L. Mark, J. Tiemann, GMD, Germany

A Study on Advanced Asynchronous Transfer Mode for High-Speed Computer
Communication Networks
K. Toyoshima, K. Hayashi, NTT, Japan

VTOA/VoIP/ISDN Telephony Gateway
A.M. Grilo, P.M. Carvalho, L.M. Medeiros, M.S. Nunes, INESC, Portugal

12:30 - 14:00 Lunch - Restaurant Universitaire

14:00 - 15:30 Quality of Service
Chair: A. Benslimane

Efficient Buffer Management and Scheduling in a Combined IntServ and
DiffServ Architecture: a Performance Study
G. Mamais, M. Markaki, G. Politis, I.S. Venieris, National Technical
University of Athens, Greece

Interaction of RSVP with ATM for the Support of Shortcut QoS Virtual Channels
R. Cocca, S. Salsano, CoRiTeL, Italy ; M. Listanti, University of Rome, Italy

Interactive Services over HFC Networks
M.I. Borges Ribeiro, F. Fontes, J. Bastos, J. Loureiro, Portugal Telecom,
Portugal

14:00 - 15:30 IP over ATM 3
Chair: M. Stuttgen

Analysis on IP Label Switching Technology in Future Broadband Internet
G.S. Kuo, H.C. Cheng, National Central University, Taiwan

Analysis of Internet Services in IP over ATM Networks
J. Aracil, M. Izal, D. Morato, University of Navarra, Spain

Simulation and Analysis of IP/ATM Switching and Routing
M.Z. Santos, L.G. Kiatake, F. Meylan, S.T. Kofuji, University of Sao Pailo,
Brazil ; J.P. Coutiat, LAAS-CNRS, France

15:30 - 15:45 Coffee Break

15:45 - 17:15 Scheduling
Chair: R. Muraine

Flow Service Order: A Computationally Inexpensive Packet Scheduling
Algorithm to Guarantee QoS for Real-Time Traffic
S.R. Kulkarni, Indian Institute of Technology, India

A Feasible Scheduling Algorithm for Per-VC Queuing ATM Switches
P. Zhou, W.W. Yang, Nortel Networks, Canada

Digital Neural Cell Schedulers for ATM Switch
S.M. Lee, J.H. Chung, Y.C. Kim, M.M. Lee, Dongshin University, Korea

15:45 - 17:15 User Applications
Chair: M. Potts

ATM-Based Infrastructure for Teleteaching at University
A. Klein, F. Bodendorf, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany

Desktop Videoconferencing Performance and Quality of Service Evaluation on
an ATM-based Metropolitan Area Network: OASICE Case Study
H. Tobiet, Clemessy, France ; P. Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France

Connecting Heterogeneous Supercomputers in Broadband Networks
E. Pless, F. Hommes, GMD, Germany

17:15 - 17:30 Coffee Break

17:30 - 19:00 Management and multiplexing
Chair: Z. Mammeri

A Management System Providing Real Distribution of Management Tasks with
Time and Space Independence
F. Fontes, Portugal Telecom, Portugal ; T. De Miguel, A. Azcorra,
University of Madrid, Spain

Implementing Inverse Multiplexing for ATM
A. Pires, Mitel Corporation, Canada

The Heap-Sort Based ATM Cells Spacer
T. Ha-Duong, MET, France

17:30 - 19:00 Protocols and Routing
Chair: P. Droz

Minimum Equivalent Subspanner Algorithms for Topology Aggregation in ATM
Networks
W. Chiou Lee, Motorola, USA

Shared-Medium Architecture for ATM Local Network
M. Soto, S. Sallent, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain

Analysis of the Crankback Probability in a Hierarchical PNNI Network
J.L. Rougier, D. Kofman, ENST, France ; A.R. Ragozini, University of
Napoli, Italy ; A. Gravey, CNET, France

20:00 Gala Dinner - Restaurant Meistermann

Wednesday June 23

09:00 - 10:30 Intelligent Networks
Chair: P. Lorenz

Design and Implementation of an Intelligent Peripheral for Broadband
Multimedia Applications
H. Brandt, P. Todorova, GMD, Germany

A TINA-Based Platform for Service Deployment and Usage
J. P.C. Verhoosel, Telematics Institute, The Netherlands ; H.J. Batteram,
J.L. Bakker, Lucents Technologies, The Netherlands

Performance of the fair Intelligent Congestion Control for TCP Applications
over ATM Networks
D.B. Hoang, Q. Yu, University of Sydney, Australia

09:00 - 10:30 ATM Switches 1
Chair: Z. Hulicki

RCES: A Replication/Contention/Elimination Strategy for Replication
Baseline ATM Switch Architectures
S.T. Sheu, Y.R. Chuang, TamKang University, China

Advanced Frame Recovery in Switched Connection Inverse Multiplexing for ATM
F.M. Chiussi, D.A. Khotimsky, S. Krishnan, Lucent Technologies, USA

Implementation of an ATM Switch for PSTN/N-ISDN Services
X. Gong, P. Zhang, W. Wang, S. Cheng, university of Posts and Telecom, China

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break

11:00 - 12:30 Error Detection and Correction
Chair: O. Charles

Implementation of an Error Detection-Recovery System based on Multimedia
Collaboration Works: EDRS
E.N. Ko, Sung Kyun Kwan University, South Korea

New Error Control Enhancing Technique for Wireless ATM Networks
M.M. Al-Khatib, M. Bayoumi, USL, USA

A Parallel Reed-Solomon Coding/Decoding Structure for an ADSL Modem with
Increased Interleaving for ATM Applications
S. Toptchiyski, D. Sofos, V. Stylianakis, University of Patras, Greece

11:00 - 12:30 ATM Switches 2
Chair: S. Ritzenthaler

An Efficient Address Assignment Strategy for Shared Multibuffer ATM Switches
P.G. Lee, W.C. Kang, Y.H. Choi, Hongik University, Korea

Implementation of Bifurcated Buffering in Input Buffer Banyan ATM Switch
I.D. Radusinovic, Z.R. Petrovic, M.Pejanovic-Djurisic, University of
Montenegro, Yugoslavia

An Approximate Analysis of a Shared Buffer ATM Switch using Input Process
Aggregation Technique
J.Kim, C.H. Jun, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea ; K.P.
Jun, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Korea

12:30 - 14:00 Lunch - Restaurant Universitaire

14:00 - 16:00 Performance
Chair: H. Tobiet

Performance Evaluation of a RR Switch for ABR Service
D.H. Kim, Y.Z. Cho, Kyungpook National University, Korea

Performance Models for IP Switching
J. Zheng, V.O.K. Li, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Inverse Multiplexing for ATM Operation, Applications and Performance
Evaluation Issues
M. Aguilar-Igartua, J. Garcia-Haro, M. Postigo-Boix, Polytechnic University
of Catalonia, Spain

Performance Evaluation of Packet Discard Schemes in ATM Switches in
Heterogeneous Traffic Environment
Z. Jing, L. Li, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China ; H.
Sun, Center for Advanced Computing and Communications, China

14:00 - 16:00 Video over ATM
Chair: J. Montiel

Error Resilient Protocol Architecture for the MPEG-2 Video Transmission
over ATM Networks
P. Cuenca, A. Garrido, F. Quiles, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain ;
L. Orozco-Barbosa, University of Ottawa, Canada

De-Jittering in the transport of MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 Video over ATM
K. Shuaib, T. Saadawi, M. Lee, City College of New York, USA, B. Basch, GTE
Laboratories, USA

Proactive Management of MPEG Traffic in ATM Networks using Time Sequenced
RLS Filters
T.S. Randhawa, British Columbia Group, Canada ; R.H.S. Hardy, Simon Fraser
University, Canada

Linear Codes for End to end Cell Loss Recovery in VBR Video Transmission
over ATM Networks
Z. Alkhalifa, V.S.S. Nair, Southern Methodist University, USA

16:00 Closing Session

	ICATM'99 Registration Form
	Please mail the complete Registration Form to :
	Pascal LORENZ / ICATM'99
	IUT/GTR - 34 rue du Grillenbreit - 68008 Colmar, France
	Phone : 33 (0)3 89 20 23 66   Fax : 33 (0)3 89 20 23 59   Mobile: 33 (0)6
03 65 80 42
	Email : [email-masked]

Title: _______ First Name: _____________ Last Name: ______________________ 

Institution: ___________________________________________________________ 

Street Address: ________________________________________________________ 

City: __________ State: ____________ Zip: ___________ Country: ____________ 

Phone: ____________________________ Fax: ______________________________ 

Email : ____________________________ 

Arrival Date :     ____ June 1999 at _____ 
Departure Date :   ____ June 1999 at _____ 

Conference Registration Fees: 

The Full registration fees include: attendance to the Conference, coffee
breaks, 3 lunches, the gala dinner and the preprints. 

Academic rate:                

IEE, IEEE, SEE Member                    2400 FF                      
_________ FF 
(Membership # __________) 

non member                               2600 FF                      
__________ FF 

Industry rate:                           4000 FF                      
__________ FF 

Additional Conference Proceedings (FF 400):                           
__________FF 

Additional Gala Dinner (FF 300):                                      
__________FF 

                                   Total French Francs ..............  
_________ 

Payment of Fees: 

__ By Foreign Check in French Francs to "Office du Tourisme de Colmar". 

__ By Bank Transfer to: Caisse d'Epargne d'Alsace, Avenue de la République,
68000 Colmar - France. Bank code: 16705 - Counter code: 09017 - Account
number: 04100568821 - Key: 23 - Account name: Office du Tourisme de Colmar
- Transfer Swift : BFCE FR PP 317 

__ By Credit Card: 
     __ Mastercard 
     __ Visa 
     __ American Express 

Card number: _________________________ 
Expiration date: _________ 

Signature: 

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.