Subject: Reg. CRTP

From: Venkata Narasimha Murthy Nanduri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:59:19 +0530

Hi,

Please clarify the following :

1) While sending the COMPRESSED_RTP packet, in the RFC2508, it has been
mentioned that an addional byte will be transmitted if MSTI = 1111. The
additional byte is mentioned in the packet format as four bits M', S',
T', I' and 4 bits as CC.
In the explanation it has been given that the first nibble(M', S', T',
I') corresponds to the real values of the four bits MSTI.
What is exactly meant by M', S', T', I'?
What is meant by the real values of MSTI?

2) Can u please explain me how to handle the error recovery for the case
in which first three packets have been received by the destination and
fourth packet failed to reach the destination(may be dropped due to
error by the link layer) and fifth has been recived by the destination?
I could not understand this part of the RFC..

Thanks in advance
Murthy NVN

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.