Subject: Default Next hop

From: Samanvitha Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:56:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I had a question about Location Servers (as specified in the GLP docs).
When a LS is queried for a destination telephone number that it does not
know of, should it return an error code, or can there be the notion of a
default next hop signaling server? Is this completely left to the
discretion of the domain admin?

Thanks,
Samanvitha

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 02:05:47 -0400

> discretion of the domain admin?

This all has nothing to do with GLP (now TRIP). TRIP distributes the
information that allows the LS to build a database of telephony routes.
How it is queried for this information, and how it responds when it
doesn't have proper information, is not part of TRIP. As the framework
document describes, this is part of the "front end", for which there are
many possibilities.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------