Subject: [IPTEL] A bug in appendix A of cpl-04

From: James Undery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:58:29 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry again for sending yet another late observation.

The algorithm in appendix A fails to account for durations that are
"negative" i.e. start with the character '-'. The simplest solution would
be to disallow them, however, the changes to the algorithm are simple
(!?). 

Step 1b If duration is negative, make it positive and subtract it from
dtstart.

I think this will work

James Undery

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:46:26 -0500

I think negative durations are just confusing and not worth including. I'd
prefer to disallow them.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Undery [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 4:58 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPTEL] A bug in appendix A of cpl-04
> 
>