Subject: [IPTEL] Status of the iptel group

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:35:18 -0400

Folks,

As the IETF is approaching, our ADs have reminded us that we should be
sending out a status update to the list to let people know where we stand on
our current working items. Here is the status on all existing trip drafts
that I am aware of:

draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-04.txt

We are still blocked on the iCal issue. There has been discussion on the
calsch list about this for a while. Its quieted down now, but is supposed to
be top priority for calsch. Progress has been made, though, and the simple
answer is that it looks like much of iCal will be put back into CPL. THe
nuances of bysetpos are the open issue. Perhaps Jonathan can give a more
detailed status update on the calsch discussions?

draft-ietf-iptel-trip-07.txt

We've gotten IESG comments back on the TRIP spec, and have been updating it
with those comments incorporated. We are still working on getting some more
comments incorporated, and are waiting further input from IANA on some
registration issues. Overall, progress seems to be good.

draft-ietf-iptel-trip-authen-00.txt

The current plan is to not pursue this work until it is made clear that
there is a need.

draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt

The agreement was that this work was interesting, but that there was still
sufficient confusion on the problem statement that it was premature to
pursue.

draft-walker-trip-tns-01.txt

There seems to be consensus to define an IANA registered address family for
cic codes. As per the IANA procedures specified in TRIP, this doesn't
require an RFC. So, the text will effectively turn into an IANA request for
an address family once TRIP goes to RFC and the IANA registries are created.

draft-zinman-trip-mib-02.txt

There is agreement to add this to the charter. Once the charter is approved,
this document will be renamed draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:46:25 +0300

Jonathan:

I saw that the Gateway Registration draft, draft-rs-trip-gw-01.txt is expired and
you didn't mention anything about it in the status of the IPtel working group. 
However, the Gateway Registration is a working group item for IPtel. So I am a 
little bit confused now.

Can you clarify the status of the Gateway Registration?

Regards,

       Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002