Subject: [IPTEL] Half-Pint

From: "Michael O'Doherty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:31:56 +0100

Hi,

I have submitted a new draft entitled 'Half-Pint' which as the name (kind of
...) suggests is a lightweight, restricted take on the functionality
provided by the PINT protocol.

The idea is to try to hit the high runner things that web developers wanting
to integrate web applications with the PSTN want to do right now, and make
it available in a way that web developers are familiar with and can work
with right away. 

The natural place to discuss this would have been the PINT group, but
unfortunately it is not around anymore, so I'm sending this notice onto to
some other groups that may be interested in this type of thing to get
feedback and comments.

Cheers,

Mick O'Doherty.

P.S. I've attached the draft to this email as the version in the archives
has picked up a few formatting errors somehow and is not quite fixed up yet.

 <<draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt>>