Subject: [IPTEL] CPL Doubts

From: "Crizza, Roberto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 08:24:57 -0400

Team

I was comparing the CPL with the VoIP solution that we are installing in our
client, I tryed get the answer to my doubt but I could not see, could
someone help me ?

Does CPL packts go inside the H.323 and SIP protocol specification ?
 
The CPL will set up the connection between terminator A and B and the voice
packts will go over the RTP protocol ?  

Thanks

Roberto Crizza -   CCDA			
EDS Brazil - CI - Telecomunicacoes
Phone.: 55 11 3471-4536 (8-893- )
Fax.:      55 11 3471-4557 (8-893- )
Cell.:      55 11 9531-9695 
email.:    [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:22:30 -0400

> Does CPL packts go inside the H.323 and SIP protocol specification ?

No. A SIP or H.323 call setup request will arrive at a proxy or
gatekeeper. The proxy or gatekeeper then processes the call based on the
CPL script. The CPL script is obtained by the proxy or gatekeeper
through some means outside the scope of the specification. Some
implementations allow phones to upload their scripts when the phones
register, for example.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel