Subject: [IPTEL] request for iptell to review "url" IDs

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:24:31 -0500 (EST)

msg from the TSV ADs 

we would like the iptel WG to take on the following 3 IDs 

        draft-antti-rfc2806bis-05.txt
        draft-yu-tel-url-06.txt
        draft-levin-iptel-h323-url-scheme-04.txt       

we would like the WG to review the 3 IDs to be sure that they do not
conflict in the use of terminology or technology and to work with the ID
authors to resolve any conflicts

anyone with opinions about these IDs should join the iptel list and discuss
the issues there

we expect that this task will be a short term one and we can move to
getting these IDs published

        Scott & Allison
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:01:55 -0600

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Bradner" <[email-masked]>
> we would like the iptel WG to take on the following 3 IDs 

.PHONE looks like a promising ID also...

851 matches for -PHONE
http://www.domainsurfer.com/ssearch.cgi?dom=-phone.com
http://root-dns.org/vuedig/vuedig_tld.php?record=NS&tld=phone&submit=Submit
Analysis : Top Level Domain PHONE exists.
Nnet : New.net Inc : 206.132.100.42
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
phone. 1D IN NS tld1.newdotnet.net.
phone. 1D IN NS tld2.newdotnet.net.
=====

Jim Fleming
128-bit DNS is closer than you think...
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
http://ipv8.dyns.cx
http://ipv8.no-ip.com
http://ipv8.no-ip.biz
http://ipv8.no-ip.info
http://ipv8.myip.us
http://ipv8.dyn.ee
http://ipv8.community.net.au