Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Tunnel MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:19:12 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Tunnel MIB '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-inet-tunnel-mib-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for use with
network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
particular, it describes managed objects used for managing tunnels
of any type over IPv4 and IPv6 networks.  Extension MIBs may be
designed for managing protocol-specific objects. Likewise,
extension MIBs may be designed for managing security-specific
objects.  This MIB does not support tunnels over non-IP networks.
Management of such tunnels may be supported by other MIBs.

Working Group Summary

The IPv6 working group has reviewed this document and
this document reflects the consensus of the group.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed by members of the [email-masked]
mailing list, the IPv6 working group chairs, and members of the
ipv6mib mailing list.

A MIB Doctor review was performed by Bert Wijnen.

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following change:

OLD:
            Note: instead of the name tunnelIfTOS, a better name
            would have been tunnelIfDSCPMethod, but the existing
            name appeared in RFC 2776 and existing objects cannot
            be renamed."

NEW:
            Note: instead of the name tunnelIfTOS, a better name
            would have been tunnelIfDSCPMethod, but the existing
            name appeared in RFC 2667 and existing objects cannot
            be renamed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------