Subject: RFC2526 and node requirements document

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:19:31 -0800

Hi,

I couldn't find any mention of RFC2526 "Reserved IPv6 Subnet Anycast 
Addresses"
in the node requirement document.
Is it OK for an IPv6 node to ignore it? in practice, should/must an 
implementation
have some code to:
1- prohibit such addresses to be configured on an interface
2- make sure that no ICMP messages are ever sent to such addresses?

	- Alain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:05:14 -0500

> 2- make sure that no ICMP messages are ever sent to such addresses?

=> Either of those options would break RFC 3775, which uses 
ICMP for Dynamic HA address discovery. 

Hesham

 > 	- Alain.

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================