Subject: Question regarding draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-00.txt

From: "Dwight Jamieson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:56:54 -0500

There was some discussion at the Paris IPv6 WG meeting about allocating
/56 to small end sites. There was a suggestion that the IAB comment
regarding this policy. 

I am a member of the ATIS IPv6 task force http://www.atis.org/and   We
will be making recommendations to ATIS members on various things such as
allocation policy. 

I haven't seen anything from ARIN or the IETF on this issue since
August. 

Cheers,
Dwight
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:04:32 +0100

I think there has not been any agreement to proceed with that in any RIR at
the time being, but I¹m not 100% sure.

My personal opinion is also that we should not do that change. I think is
more possible to agree on the HD-ratio change, and in fact the policy
proposed at APNIC (suggesting the HD-ratio change+/56) was rejected and
suggested to split in two proposals.

My recommendation to ISPs is still to allocate /48 to every customer. This
also helps to simplify management, so at the end is a benefit for them. Big
allocations are being done to big ISPs also following this rule (a new /19
has been allocated a week ago in Europe).

Regards,
Jordi

De: Dwight Jamieson <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:56:54 -0500
Para: <[email-masked]>
Conversación: Question regarding draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-00.txt
Asunto: Question regarding draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-00.txt

There was some discussion at the Paris IPv6 WG meeting about allocating /56
to small end sites. There was a suggestion that the IAB comment regarding
this policy. 

I am a member of the ATIS IPv6 task force http://www.atis.org/and
<http://www.atis.org/and>    We will be making recommendations to ATIS
members on various things such as allocation policy.

I haven't seen anything from ARIN or the IETF on this issue since August.

Cheers, 
Dwight 

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.