Subject: Re: Prefix Delegation in DHCPv6 server

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:14:06 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:39:44 +0000 (GMT), 
>>>>> santosh itkare <[email-masked]> said:

> I am using Open source DHCPv6 code from sourceforge side. In that I
> have follwing issue. I am new to this, so can you please clear me
> about follwing issue.

> When I add Prefix-delgation option in DHCPv6 server's and client's
> conf file. But server assigns only Prefix value and doen't assign
> any IPv6 addresses to client from the range specified in server's
> conf file, Is this a expected behaviour of DHCPv6 server? or we have
> to modify anything for prefix-delegation so that client gets IPv6
> address as well as  prefix-delgation value.

> I want to start radvd with DHCPv6 client which uses the prefix value
> to radvd. radvd uses that prefix value.

This looks like a question about a particular implementation rather
than about protocol specific issues, where ipv6@ietf is not really
appropriate.  I'd suggest you ask the question at some ML for that
implementation (if any) or at [email-masked].

In any event, I suspect we'd not use prefix delegation in parallel
with address assignment in practice.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------