Subject: 6MAN WG Last Call:draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-00.txt

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:17:04 -0400

All,
      This message starts a 3-week 6MAN Working Group Last Call on 
advancing:

      Title     : Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifiers
      Author(s) : S. Krishnan
      Filename  : draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-00.txt
      Pages     : 11
      Date      : 2008-02-08

as a Proposed Standard.  Substantive comments and statements of support 
for advancing this document should be directed to the mailing list. 
Editorial suggestions can be sent to the document editor.  This last 
call will end on July 10, 2008.

Regards,
Brian & Bob
6MAN co-chairs
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:44:18 +0200

Strange that this draft requests reserving 64 0 rightmost bits of an 
address to be 'subnet router anycast' referring to rfc4291 because:

-rfc4291 uses 'subnet-router' instead  of 'subnet router'.
-rfc5156.txt uses all 128 0 bits to mean 'default unicast route'.  This
  may imply a default unicast route address contains a IPv6 Interface
  Identifier (the one used in the subnet-router anycast address).

I think this could be clarified.

Alex

> call will end on July 10, 2008.

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------