Subject: New Version Notification for draft-hui-6man-rpl-option-00.txt

From: Jonathan Hui <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:39:40 -0800

Hi,

We are working on a new routing protocol (called RPL) within the ROLL  
WG targeted at low-power and lossy networks (LLNs).  Designed to  
operate within resource constraints typical to LLNs, RPL uses a slow  
proactive process to construct and maintain a routing topology but a  
reactive and dynamic approach to resolving routing inconsistencies.   
In short, RPL is designed to utilize routing information placed within  
data-plane datagrams to detect routing inconsistencies.  To carry RPL  
routing information within a RPL routing domain, we would like to  
define a new IPv6 Option to be carried within the IPv6 Hop-by-Hop  
Option header.

Any comments are appreciated.

Filename:	 draft-hui-6man-rpl-option
Revision:	 00
Title:		 RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams
Creation_date:	 2010-03-01
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
The RPL protocol requires data-plane datagrams to carry RPL routing  
information that is processed by RPL routers when forwarding those  
datagrams. This document describes the RPL option for use within a RPL  
domain.

--
Jonathan Hui