Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the IPv6 Routing Header' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:35:04 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Allocation Guidelines for the IPv6 Routing Header '
   <draft-ietf-6man-iana-routing-header-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-iana-routing-header-00.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the IANA guidelines [RFC5226] for
   allocating new values for the Routing Type field in the IPv6
   Routing Header [RFC2460].  Previously, no IANA guidance existed for
   such allocations.

Working Group Summary

   There were no working group issues.

Document Quality

   The document is focused on specifying IANA guidelines for
   allocation new types of routing headers.  No more, no less.

   This document has been reviewed by key members of the 6MAN working
   group and the chairs.

Personnel

   Bob Hinden ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.  Ralph
   Drom sis the responsible Area Director.