Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-sol-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Solution approaches for address-selection problems
	Author(s)       : A. Matsumoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-sol-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-03-08

In response to address selection problem statement and requirement
documents, this document describes solution approaches and evaluates
proposed solution mechanisms in line with requirements.  It also
examines the applicability for each solution mechanism, and concludes
that no single solution solves the problems and the combination of
the solutions should be the way forward.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-sol-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Arifumi Matsumoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:49:04 +0900

Hi,

a series of address selection related documents were updated.
Brief description for each documents are below.

* Solution approaches for address-selection problems
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-sol-03

  This summarizes several solution approaches for the problem
  statement. This version includes all-at-once approach raised
  by Fred Baker and the subsequent discussion in 6man ML.

* Considerations of address selection policy conflicts
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arifumi-6man-addr-select-conflict-02

  This one describes the merging process of possibly conflicting
  address selection policies. Now this version describes the whole
  merging process and not only the process of conflict resolution.

* Distributing Address Selection Policy using DHCPv6
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujisaki-dhc-addr-select-opt-09

  This one contains the DHCP option spec. for delivering address
  selection policies. Previously, the option was intended to
  deliver whole/a part of the policy table itself. However, now
  it was changed to deliver destination address selection policy 
  and source address selection policy separately.

I really appreciate your comments we had so far.
And we anticipate further comments to brush up these outputs.

--
Arifumi Matsumoto
  Secure Communication Project
  NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
  E-mail: [email-masked]