Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 05:37:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero Checksums
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-01-19

Abstract:
   This document provides an applicability statement for the use of UDP
   transport checksums with IPv6.  It defines recommendations and
   requirements for the use of IPv6 UDP datagrams with a zero UDP
   checksum.  It describes the issues and design principles that need to
   be considered when UDP is used with IPv6 to support tunnel
   encapsulations and examines the role of the IPv6 UDP transport
   checksum.  An appendix presents a summary of the trade-offs that were
   considered in evaluating the safety of the update to RFC 2460 that
   updates use of the UDP checksum with IPv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/