Subject: Re: Detailed review of Significance of IPv6 Interface Identifiers

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:41:52 -0400

All,

I'd like to see Ray Hunter's proposed text added
to the I-D, rather than having it summarised.

I find the detail quite useful.  Honestly, it is a more clear
justification/motivation for this significant specification 
change than anything else I've yet seen.  So I believe that 
most other readers also would find that detail useful.

In short, I disagree with Brian's inclination to summarise
Ray's text, rather than include it, and I concur with Ray
Hunter's proposal.

I'd also like to see the various IEEE 802 references 
mentioned in Ray's text get cited formally as References.

One of the key points in Ray's text is that duplicate
IIDs "very likely [ will be ] interfering with link-layer
transmission" -- something that often seems to be overlooked
by folks analysing the duplicate IID scenarios.

Yours,

Ran