Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:42:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Unreachability Detection is too impatient
	Author(s)       : Erik Nordmark
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-07.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery includes Neighbor Unreachability Detection.
   That function is very useful when a host has an alternative neighbor,
   for instance when there are multiple default routers, since it allows
   the host to switch to the alternative neighbor in short time.  This
   time is 3 seconds after the node starts probing by default.  However,
   if there are no alternative neighbors, this is far too impatient.
   This document specifies relaxed rules for Neighbor Discovery
   retransmissions that allow an implementation to choose different
   timeout behavior based on whether or not there are alternative
   neighbors.  This document updates RFC 4861.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/