Subject: Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Options (draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 14:06:06 -0300

Folks,

A few months ago we published a new I-D entitled "Transmission and
Processing of IPv6 Options". It is meant to complement RFC7045, and to
hopefully help in getting EHs/options operate as expected on the Internet.

The I-D is available at:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-00.txt>

Abstract:
   Various IPv6 options have been standardized since the core IPv6
   standard was first published.  This document updates RFC 2460 to
   clarify how nodes should deal with such IPv6 options and with any
   options that are defined in the future.  It complements [RFC7045],
   which offers a similar clarification regarding IPv6 Extension
   Headers.

We're planning to publish a rev soon... So we'd like to hear your
comments such that they can be addressed in the next rev....

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando (and co-authors)

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:04:11 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I have briefly re-read this draft and have no new suggestions to offer.

As I noted in a previous mesage to the 6MAN list, I reviewed an 
early version and all the issues I raised then have been addressed.  
I think this document fills a gap that needs filling and I'd like to 
see it advance.  Thanks to Fernando and co-authors for writing it.

Mike Heard