Subject: Current issues with DNS Configuration Options for SLAAC (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:32:49 +0100

Folks,

Recent discussion on the validation of DNS-related SLAAC options brought
this issue back again: current problems with DNS Configuration Options
for SLAAC.

Our initial version of this I-D (published years ago) evaluated a number
of alternative solutions. In this rev we've removed unnecessary text and
have only kept the approach(es) that we think the wg seemed to agree with.

The I-D is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01.txt

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01.txt
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 02:24:03 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Will Liu <[email-masked]>, Shucheng LIU (Will)
<[email-masked]>, Pavel Simerda <[email-masked]>, Pavel
Simerda <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>,
Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues
Revision:	01
Title:		Current issues with DNS Configuration Options for SLAAC
Document date:	2015-02-26
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-01

Abstract:
   RFC 6106 specifies two Neighbor Discovery options that can be
   included in Router Advertisement messages to convey information about
   DNS recursive servers and DNS Search Lists.  Small lifetime values
   for the aforementioned options have been found to cause
   interoperability problems in those network scenarios in which these
   options are used to convey DNS-related information.  This document
   analyzes the aforementioned problem, and formally updates RFC 6106
   such that these issues are mitigated.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat