Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-maxra-03.txt> (Support for adjustable maximum router lifetimes per-link) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 06:57:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document: - 'Support for adjustable maximum router
lifetimes per-link'
  <draft-ietf-6man-maxra-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The neighbor discovery protocol specifies the maximum time allowed
   between sending unsolicited multicast Router Advertisements from a
   router interface as well as the maximum router lifetime.  It also
   allows the limits to be overridden by link-layer specific documents.
   This document allows for overriding these values on a per-link basis.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-maxra/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-maxra/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.