Subject: Issue #69 TLV insert/delete

From: "Darren Dukes (ddukes)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 22:32:29 +0000

Hi Ron and Bob. I think we should simply close this issue.

If someone were to specify TLV insertion, it would need to be described in a new draft.

Darren

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:16:30 +0100

I am happy with a conclusion that insertion of TLVs in flight is not 
allowed.  Does the document say that somewhere?
Yours,
Joel

On 3/23/19 11:32 PM, Darren Dukes (ddukes) wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:33:59 +0100

> allowed.  Does the document say that somewhere?

Joel,

There's significant differences between the requirements for SR TLVs
and HBH/DO TLVs in what "modifiable" means, what fields are cover by
an auth header, and whether padding is covered by auth header. I would
assume these differences are due to the expectation that SR TLVs might
be inserted/deleted in flight. If there's no intent to insert/delete
TLVs, it would be good if the same TLV format is used across the
various EHs that have options.

Tom