Subject: IPv6 over Wireless

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:59:55 +0000

Dear all:

Following the discussion with Phil and Ole I added description on what models WiND supports and why it cannot just be P2P, with example use cases and constraints.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-6man-ipv6-over-wireless/

Comments welcome (as always),

Pascal

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 09:29:29 +0400

Comments inline

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-6man-ipv6-over-wireless/

"

In mesh-under and Infrastructure BSS, the IP Link extends beyond the
   physical broadcast domain to the emulated MAC-Layer broadcast domain.
   Relying on Multicast for the ND operation remains feasible but
   becomes detrimental to unicast traffic, energy-inefficient and
   unreliable, and its use is discouraged.
"

I would suggest citing this draft which saved me trouble of
understanding what goes wrong
with multicast over wifi.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-05

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------