Subject: draft-ali-6man-spring-srv6-oam-00

From: Rajesh M <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 07:36:19 +0000

Please find few comments on this draft

  1.  Section 3.1.1 , below must be Ref2

Ref1: Hardware (microcode) just punts the packet. Software (slow path)
implements the required OAM
mechanism. Timestamp is not carried in the packet forwarded to the
next hop.

  1.  4.1.2.2, here it must be N2 (page 10)

If the target SID is not locally programmed, N4 responses with
the ICMPv6 message (Type: "SRv6 OAM (TBA)", Code: "SID not
locally implemented (TBA)"); otherwise a success is returned.

  1.  4.1.2.2, here it must be B:4:C52 (page 11)
The ICMPv6 process at node N4
checks if its local SID (B:2:C31) is locally programmed or not
and responds to the ICMPv6 Echo Request.

  1.  4.3.2.2, here it must be B:4:C52 (page 16)
The traceroute process at
node N4 checks if its local SID (B:2:C31) is locally
programmed.

5)  in below two cases is it B5:: or it must be A:5:: ?
> ping A:5:: via segment-list B:2:C31, B:4:C52
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to B5::, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!

> traceroute A:5:: via segment-list B:2:C31, B:4:C52
Tracing the route to B5::

Thanks
Rajesh

Juniper Internal