Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ipv4-eh-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 11:01:38 -0700

Hello,

I have posted a draft describing IPv4 extension headers an flow
labels. Previously this was in draft-herbert-ipv4-udpencap-eh-01, but
it seems like this is an important topic in its own right.

I would like to request guidance as to which Working Group might be
appropriate to take this on. As someone pointed out, there is no 4man
Working Group! It seems like this is either intarea or 6man. intarea
because it's not immediately obvious it belongs in another group, 6man
since this is directly enabling a lot of IPv6 features currently under
development so they could be used in IPv4.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:47 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ipv4-eh-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-ipv4-eh-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-ipv4-eh
Revision:       00
Title:          IPv4 Extension Headers and Flow Label
Document date:  2019-04-08
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-ipv4-eh-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-ipv4-eh/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-ipv4-eh-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-ipv4-eh

Abstract:
   This specification defines extension headers for IPv4 and a
   definition of an IPv4 flow label. The goal is to provide a uniform
   and feasible method of extensibility that is shared between IPv4 and
   IPv6.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 11:44:38 -0700

Tom,

> On Apr 8, 2019, at 11:01 AM, Tom Herbert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 

This doesn’t seem in scope for 6man to me.  6man is clearly chartered (https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/6man/about/) to work on IPv6 related issues.   

To me, seems like Int Area would be appropriate.  Any specific IPv6 related issues could be brought to 6man.

Bob

p.s. Clearly a questions for the Int Area ADs.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------