Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 11:53:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ICMPv6 errors for discarding packets due to processing limits
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-05-29

Abstract:
   Network nodes may discard packets if they are unable to process
   protocol headers of packets due to processing constraints or limits.
   When such packets are dropped, the sender receives no indication so
   it cannot take action to address the cause of discarded packets. This
   document defines ICMPv6 errors that can be sent by a node that
   discards packets because it is unable to process the protocol
   headers. A node that receives such an ICMPv6 error may be able to
   modify what it sends in future packets to avoid subsequent packet
   discards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-icmp-limits-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/