Subject: Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers: New Drafts Posted.

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 20:31:37 +1100

Hello,

During v6ops session at IETF105 it was suggested that in addition to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-linkova-v6ops-nd-cache-init/
another draft is required, for 6man, which would summarise the
proposed changes to RFC4861.
So here we are: I've just submitted two drafts:

1) https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-00 - the
v6ops@ WG document which is replacing
draft-linkova-v6ops-nd-cache-init. The draft discussed the operational
issues, various approaches to solve the problem and proposed solution.
The proposed changes to RFC4861 is described in
2) https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linkova-6man-grand-00

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. I'm still not sure if it's
the best way to split those drafts.

Known Issues:
draft-linkova-6man-grand: Pls ignore the sentence in the Abstract
which suggests updating RFC4862/RFC4429. I do not think it's necessary
(but I might be wrong indeed).

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry