Subject: Protocol Action: 'Discovering PREF64 in Router Advertisements' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 07:03:00 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Discovering PREF64 in Router Advertisements'
  (draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Éric Vyncke and Suresh Krishnan.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64/

Technical Summary

  NAT64 [RFC6146] with DNS64 [RFC6147] is a widely-deployed mechanism
  to provide IPv4 access on IPv6-only networks.  In various scenarios,
  the host must be aware of the NAT64 prefix in use by the network.
  This document specifies a Router Advertisement [RFC4861] option to
  communicate the NAT64 prefix to hosts.

Working Group Summary

  This document had good w.g. review, was discussed at several face to
  face 6man sessions and on the list.  The chairs also did individual
  reviews.  These reviews resulted in a simplified version of the RA
  options that is defined in this draft.

Document Quality

No known implementations. Issues raised in reviews have been resolved in current draft.

Personnel

Bob Hinden is the document shepherd. Suresh Krishnan is the responsible AD.