Subject: FW: I-D Action: draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12.txt

From: "Templin (US), Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:29:40 +0000

See below for an update to this draft, with two changes from the previous version:

1) consolidated the OMNI option into a single unified option to be used by all IPv6 ND
    message types (RS, RA, NS, NA). Now, there is only one option format and no need
    for a "Sub-type" flag.

2) Included a "Notify-MSE" field in the OMNI option. This allows the MN to tell the
    new MSE to inform the old MSE that the MN has departed so that the MN only
    has to perform a single RS/RA exchange over the air.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Overlay Multilink Network (OMNI) Interfaces
        Authors         : Fred L. Templin
                          Tony Whyman
	Filename        : draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2020-01-22

Abstract:
   Mobile nodes (e.g., aircraft of various configurations, terrestrial
   vehicles, seagoing vessels, mobile enterprise devices, etc.)
   communicate with networked correspondents over multiple access
   network data links and configure mobile routers to connect end user
   networks.  A multilink interface specification is therefore needed
   for coordination with the network-based mobility service.  This
   document specifies the transmission of IPv6 packets over Overlay
   Multilink Network (OMNI) Interfaces.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-atn-aero-interface/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-atn-aero-interface-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt