Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 02:53:42 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 3.3, paragraph 3, nit:
-    The illustration is different than the In-situ OAM defined in [I.D-
-                                                                     --
-    draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data].  This is because In-situ OAM records
-    ------
+    The illustration is different than the In-situ OAM defined in [I-D.
+                                                                    ++
+    ietf-ippm-ioam-data].  This is because In-situ OAM records

Section 3.3, paragraph 3, nit:
-    traverses a path between two points in the network [I.D-draft-ietf-
-                                                          --------
+    traverses a path between two points in the network [I-D.ietf-
+                                                         ++

Matt Joras flagged these broken references to draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data
in his GenART review; I guess they were not fixed in -10 after all?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 3.2.1, paragraph 3, nit:
-    via an arbitrary segment list <S1, S2, S3>, it needs to initiate
+    via an arbitrary segment list <S1, S2, S3>, it needs to initiate a
+                                                                    ++

Section 1.3, paragraph 13, nit:
> convenient. * (payload) represents the the payload of the packet. 2. OAM Mech
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Maybe you need to remove one determiner so that only "the" or "the" is left.

Section 3.2.2, paragraph 5, nit:
> rates a hybrid OAM mechanism using the the O-flag. Without loss of the genera
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Maybe you need to remove one determiner so that only "the" or "the" is left.

Document references draft-gandhi-spring-stamp-srpm-04, but -06 is the latest
available revision.

Document references draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-11, but -12 is the latest
available revision.

Document references draft-matsushima-spring-srv6-deployment-status-10, but -11
is the latest available revision.