Subject: Adoption call on HBH drafts - 6MAN DT to address #1 EH header parsing issue

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 23:31:05 -0500

Dear 6MAN

What does everyone think about establishing a DT focused on addressing the
elephant in the room which is #1 EH header chain parsing buffer issue.

As I stated, this done not diminish #2 options processing by any means.  I
think tangling both issues together I think is not productive and so should
be dealt with separately.

This would allow Hinden draft to be solely focused on options processing.

In the MPLS WG we have created a DT for extensibility of MPLS expansion of
the label stack semantics similar to an IPv6 EH concept.  I am just using
MPLS DT as an example here how a DT can help brainstorm a solution.

The #1 parsing buffer issue is a major Issue with the IPV6 architecture and
I think having a DT would be a really good way to tackle this problem.

Thoughts ??

Kind Regards

Gyan
-- 

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*Email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*M 301 502-1347*