Subject: Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 13:39:10 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is good work on a thorny problem, and I hope the experiment is successful.

Throughout this document, there are SHOULD requirements that ought to have some
language about the correct conditions under which to ignore the SHOULD.

(6.3) this is threatened not only by "loss of the packet", but also loss of the
packet sent in response.

(8.3) packet validation in itself still leaves the mechanism vulnerable to
replay attacks; the packet also must be non-duplicate.