Subject: Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 02:49:56 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm supportive of trying to solve the MTU problem and there seems to be no harm
in trying this experiment, although I'm somewhat doubtful as to how many
vendors will implement this functionality and how many operators will
configure/enable it ... perhaps the IETF should try and write a BCP that
recommends that interfaces carrying internet traffic support an IPv6 MTU of
9000 (if that is indeed the right thing to do).

Regards,
Rob