Subject: [Isis-wg] question related to isisSystemTable

From: Hans De Vleeschouwer WX29 58223 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:12:05 +0100

Hi,

I have  a question related to the isisSysTable

     On one hand we see that the table contains a row-status. This
     seems to indicate that the operator can create and delete
     rows.

     The question we have is: why are the objects not read-create
     in stead of read-write. Since non of the objects are
     read-create a row can in fact not be created by the operator
     (see RFC 2578).

     In our implementation we would allow only 1 instance of the
     protocol.  Does it still make sense in this case, to allow the
     operator to create and delete this row,  or would it make more
     sense to have always one row, and use the isisSysOperState to
     turn on/off the protocol.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Hans De Vleeschouwer
    Alcatel