Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] [IS-IS WG] Subsecond Timers

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:29:59 -0700

> yes, but it would be hard to support.  e.g. there is a reason for danny's
> recent draft-mcpherson-isis-transient-00.txt.

Perhaps we should refocus our efforts here, coupling them 
with IDR, and coming up with a mechanism to get sub-second 
BGP table synchronization :-)

-danny

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:00:20 -0800

> BGP table synchronization :-)

i'll settle for 30 second, see abha's, abhijit's, and craig's most excellent

   http://www.acm.org/sigcomm2000/conf/paper/sigcomm2000-5-2.ps.gz
   and http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0010/labovitz.html

but more germane to is-is, cengiz's, haobo's, and van's

   http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0010/ppt/cengiz.pdf

which does suggest finer timers, but only after more modern spf calculation.
and it neglects to consider such silly operational concers as addressed by
your draft.

randy