Subject: [Isis-wg] Status of some drafts

From: Chris Sherwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:28:16 -0400

Hi, 

I am interested in knowing what the status of some work in this group
is. In particular, I have been browsing the workgroup's mail archive
and various proceedings trying to figure out what happened to 
the IS-IS over IPv4 and 3-way handshake efforts. 

It seems they have expired? They are listed as submitted for RFC status,
but I cannot find any RFCs, although I can pick up old copies of the
drafts.

Even if expired, are these drafts supported widely in industry?

Thanks, 
Chris.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:05:36 -0700

| I am interested in knowing what the status of some work in this group
 | is. In particular, I have been browsing the workgroup's mail archive
 | and various proceedings trying to figure out what happened to 
 | the IS-IS over IPv4 and 3-way handshake efforts. 
 | 
 | It seems they have expired? They are listed as submitted for RFC status,
 | but I cannot find any RFCs, although I can pick up old copies of the
 | drafts.
 | 
 | Even if expired, are these drafts supported widely in industry?

Chris,

I believe that we, as a group, came to the consensus that the IS-IS over
IPv4 draft was not necessary.  There were better ways of solving that
particular problem.

The 3-way handshake was being driven by Tony P.  He's offline at the moment
and I think we'll have to wait for his input.  I'm hoping that it moves
forward and I know that it's been implemented multiple times.

Tony

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:49:37 +0200 (MEST)

> IPv4 draft was not necessary.  There were better ways of solving that

yes, on ice now, if major reasons come up, will revive it.

> forward and I know that it's been implemented multiple times.

yes, multiple drafts are after last call stuck in 'will be RFC any minute
now' status. Will check with AD later

	-- tony

---

From: "Jing Zeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:30:21 -0700

Can any body explain the idea of three way handshake for ISIS or give
some draft about this topic? (Sorry, I am new to this mailing-list)

Jing

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Tony Przygienda
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 4:50 AM
To: Tony Li
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Status of some drafts

	-- tony

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Chris Sherwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:01:51 -0400

Thanks to everyone for their quick responses to my question. So, 
I am wondering which other drafts are in this limbo state of being widely used/"will be RFC any minute now" like 3-way handshake, and which ones have been dropped as uninteresting, like IS-IS over IP?

Chris.